January 1, 2010

My December Reads

The last month of the year is always stressy as hell for me. Too many birthdays and Xmas for 31 days. Didn't find as much time for reading as I wanted but on the other hand I had enough time to see family and friends again and I spent real quality time with them. So I squeezed in as much reading time as I could and these are the beauties I read:


1. Holiday Heat by Jaci Burton and Lauren Dane
I won this book in a contest and it is one of the best holiday themed books I ever read. I love the way Lauren Dane writes her characters and Jaci Burton is one of my December discoveries. I had to buy the first book in this series immediately and also added one of Jaci's Books to my tbr.

To read my full review please go here.





2. Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J. D. Robb
 
I started this one cuz Ms. Sparklybearsy made me. She raved about Roarke and what glorious specimen he is…<please insert any other descriptions of the perfect man here> . LOL How can I say no to that? I simply can't. SO now I have a new addiction called In Death series. Just figures that I fell in love with a series of 30+books already written and at least 2 more each year. I so need more time. But the book is great. It's kind of futuristic science fiction with a great suspense plot and the right amount of smut. And you all know what a sucker I am for scifi! And yes Roarke is one man I would love to have for myself. I enjoyed every page and was completely sucked in by this book. Love it! I can just agree with Ms. Sparklybearsy: Everyone should have read a book of the In Death series.



3. Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1) by Keri Arthur
I started this book cuz I loved Bound to Shadows, book 8 in this series very much(review here). It was really strange to start at the beginning after already reading book 8. All the things I new about haven't happened yet and I could feel that the characters mostly weren't as 3 dimensional as in BtS. I really enjoyed reading this book. I love Riley cuz she is really kick-ass, knows what she wants and never shies away from grabbing it. I discovered that it seems to be normal that in Ms. Arthurs books are these forced sex scenes that I don't really like- not at all. I enjoyed the plot but thought that it made Riley seem really stupid and a bit too trusting. Already have book 3 here and hopefully will get to it soon.



4. Adored by Tina Donahue
I adored this book. Sorry, couldn't resist. I never heard of Tina before I received this book but she totally blew me away. She made me blush and made me laugh out loud. The characters are really likable and just a bit predictable. A really lovely contemporary romance with enough steam to keep you warm in the cold winter. You can read my full review here.




 
5. Holiday Seduction by Jaci Burton and Lauren Dane
I bought this one after reading Holiday Heat but it is the first book in this series. But no worries both books can be read as a standalone. I enjoyed reading this book too and I loved to see all the people from Holiday Heat again. The communities both author created here are really heart-warming and perfect for the holiday season. A sexy read that will keep you warm. My full review can be found here.





 
6. Savage Possession (Temple of Luna #1) by Moira Rogers
I won this one in a contest a while back on Bree's and Donna's (the 2 authors who are Moira Rogers) blog. I grabbed it now cuz I wanted something hot to keep me warm and that it really did. I found the world it's set in a bit confusing at first but after a few pages I new my way around and fell in love with our characters.  Our couple was so different- Avani seemed so shy and Rais like a raging beast, but they found their way with just a few complications. Nice shifter story with the right amount of alpha male.


7. Glory in Death (In Death #2) by J. D. Robb

See I told you I'm addicted. I had to start another book in this series ASAP and I didn't regret it. To be earnest, I already started book 3. *sheepish smile*
This book was a bit more personal than the first one. The case Eve works on touches her friends and she has to struggle with being a good cop or being a good friend. It's hard to find the middle. Roarke is eve better as in book 1 and their relationship deepens. Love this development. Nice turn at the end of the book! I just can't stop reading these books!




 
8. Riding Wild (Wild Riders #1) by Jaci Burton
This book has all a girl can dream of: Really hot alpha males on Harleys with a bad boy image to suit this ride.

This book is a good hot contemporary romance with a fast paced plot and a really long Harley ride. The characters are likable but a bit chlichee from time to time. You have the rich girl who wants to escape from Daddies plans and falls in the arms of the local bad boy. Than you have these two yeras or so later. She goit her heart broken in the past and now she eye-witnesses him steeling an artifact out of a museum. You see where this is going? It's not like I didn't enjoy this book but it would be perfect if the story were a bit more. Not sure how to say that right. But one thing I know for sure is that I want to read the next book in this series cuz the Wild Riders are a real hot bunch of alpha males.

9. Crux (Southern Arcana #1) by Moira Rogers
OMG I love this book. The story is set in a world like ours plus a little supernatural community with it's own rules and restrictions. We have shifters, casters and empaths, each with their own unique talents. I loved the world, loved the character even more and the story was great! Nice build up of the tension. But I won't say more just now cuz I'm writing the review after I hit publish on this post. Hope I can finish it tonight so the post will be up tomorrow.


That was my December? How was yours? Any new discoveries you want to share?

And a Happy New Year to you!

12 comments:

Janna January 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

Great books, great list! You had a really good month with all the four stars ratings! I enjoyed Jaci Burton's stories too!
You reminded me of the fact that I had to do my December reading list as well. Thanks :)

ColleenFL January 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

Happy New Year! I love the In Death series and the Riley Jenson series too. Good reading list!

MrsMixx January 1, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

Many great book i see! I'm really interested in Crux, i can't wait to read your review of it.
I still haven't had time to read more of Naked in Death yet.

i wish i had more time to read, i thought i'd still have this weekend but turns out i won't :( i'm sad i won't get to read a lot for quite some time now.*shrugs*

Anonymous,  January 1, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Dropping in to wish you a Happy New Year!!

Alexia561 January 1, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

Happy New Year Susi!

Have to warn you...Roarke just gets better and better as the books progress. I'm totally addicted to this series as well! Enjoy!

Lola January 2, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Great list! I want to read the Riley Jenson Guardian series myself! :)

SusiSunshine January 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

@Janna It was a really good month! Can't wait to read your list.

@Coleen These 2 series are my most treasured new series discoveries.

@pattepoilue You will find the time to read more. There are always coming better times. *hugs*

@J.Kaye Thanks. And happy new year to you too.

@Alexia Yeah, I noticed that. Luckily I'm not the only addicted one.LOL

@Lily Child It has great potential and I like the first and the last book so I hope it will be good in between too.

Jools January 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Love your reviews, I have an award for you on my blog

Donna January 3, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

Looks like you had a very good reading month. I'm going to read the Riley Jensen series this year!! I have too!

I read Raphael by D. B. Reynolds, last month - very hot, fast faced book. I think you would like it.

Happy 2010!

Donna January 3, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

Um, that should of been 'paced' not 'faced'. *face palm*

Lea January 3, 2010 at 4:59 AM  

Hey Susi!

Wow you read some great books, very well read indeed!!

Don't give up on Jaci's Wild Rider's series. The first book was a 4 for me but the second and third in the series are excellent IMHO.

"Riding Temptation" and "Riding On Instinct". ;)

Happy New Year!!

L

Leontine January 7, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

What a reading month you've had Susi...wow! I needs to read me some JD Robb too :) Have a great January hon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP