December 18, 2009

Review: Holiday Heat by Jaci Burton & Lauren Dane

 

Description:

Unraveled by Jaci Burton
Mitch is always on the lookout for the next great spot to build one of his Famous hotels, and he's found it- right on the white, sandy beach where he grew up. The only thing standing in the way is Greta.
The ramshackle beachfront motel her father left her means everything to Greta, and no amount of money- or hot nights of passion- will entice her to sell. No matter how much Mitch's touch shreds her defenses.


For once, Mitch finds himself thinking about settling down with the right woman. Now if only he can convince her he wants more than her body- and her hotel…

Sweet Charity by Lauren Dane


After years of pretending a one-night stand never happened, Charity has finally coaxed Gabriel back into her bed. It's not just good, it's fanfreakingtastic! Except he still insists he's not good enough for her.
Watching charity not just endure but enjoy his darker urges is better than Gabriel ever imagined. She deserves candlelight and roses, though. He'll let go when she finds the right man.
Charity's not having any of it. She knows what she wants, and she's willing to play rough to get him…

(blurb)

 



Review:


I won this one in a twitter contest. I read it first and as you can see I bought the first one the same night. II really enjoy these Xmas themed books and they always help to get in the mood for the holidays! Both stories are connected to the first book but they can be read as standalone. I didn't even notice that they weren't. I only discovered the first book cuz of the mention inside this one.

Unraveled by Jaci Burton

This was a very touching and lovely story. Greta had a horrible past with an asshole husband and still struggles a bit with emotion and sexual interaction. She loves her motel and things her dad gave it to her for a reason. She knows it's not the best but it's her fathers work and her own now too. She just don't want to lose it. 
Mitch is some hot guy and he's really successful in everything he does. He's a former professional surfer and has the body to confirm that! He wants the motel but what he wants even more id Greta. Now he just has to convince her of that fact.


I loved the way the relationship between these two developed. Not only did they learn to trust each other they also involved her kids. That was heartbreakingly sweet to watch. Mitch puts so much time and effort into the kids and all out of his own volition. Great is a skeptic from the start and can't believe that Mitch does all this without a hidden agenda.


These two can also turn the pages on fire and I loved each word of those scenes. Very hawt!
Wonderful love-story with a lovely family and the nicest and most thoughtful kids inside.

Sweet Charity by Lauren Dane

Gabriel is one of these guys you want to slap silly cuz he believes in some things that are just not true and he's too stubborn to change his mind. Reminded me a bit of Todd of Laid Bare but Gabe doesn't want to hurt Charity and thinks she deserves something better. Sometimes guys have some ideas, huh?
Charity can't forget Gabe after her one-nightstand with him. It was nothing good- really not- but he seemed to be holding back and she knows that he still wants her. So why doesn't he do something about that? Time to take that problem in her own hand. She wants him and she will get him. Way to go Girl! I loved her character. She's strong and knows what she wants- a great heroine.


The sex in this book was scorching hot with a little BDSM put in for good measure.
No need to turn the heater on while you read that. Believe me!


I enjoyed all the family ties in this book and how welcoming they were. This one really started my Xmas mood.



I recommended these books(Holiday Heat and Seduction) for everyone who likes to get warm inside before Xmas.
 

To learn more about Jaci Burton visit her website here and you can look at Lauren Dane's website here.



Holiday Series:


1. Holiday Seduction: my review here, reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon
1. Holiday Heat: reviews @
goodreads, buy @amazon

10 comments:

Pearl December 18, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

These two stories sound great too!

I have these stories too in ebook. Djeez, with all that is on my TBR I can fill the whole of next year and still not have read them all...I need time to read...

SusiSunshine December 18, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

@Pearl Oh they were really great! Loved them! And yes, TBR is getting a problem here too! LOL

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) December 18, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

I love Lauren Dane's stuff but haven't read Jaci Burton - this might be the perfect way to get started!

Lea December 19, 2009 at 2:56 AM  

Unraveled was my favorite novella of 2008. You should read "Unwrapped", by Jaci. Mitch is introduced in that novella and there is a menage scene in that story that is also sweet and HOT!

Jaci Burton is one of my favorite authors.

Best
Lea

Monkey Bear Reviews December 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Oh! This sounds good! Thanks for the heads up.

SusiSunshine December 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

@Patti Oh I love Jaci Burton's style. Bought Riding Wild after I read these two books and I love it so far. Harleys, delicious men and leather! So up my alley!

@Lea I loved that one too. Had to buy it immediately after I finished that one! She's a great writer.

@Sarah It so is! Love to read a Xmas themed story from time to time!

MrsMixx December 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

*ears perk* Someone said Lauren Dane? I'm keeping this one close on my TBR list because it sounds really hot!! And seriously who would resist BDSM? Not me for sure ;)

Marissa December 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

I love Lauren Dane's books, this books sounds right up my alley!

Alexia561 December 21, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

Sounds awesome! Loved your review, and will have to add these to my huge wishlist. Thanks! :)

SusiSunshine December 21, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

@pattepoilue You would love that one!

@Marissa Agreed on both!

@Alexia Thanks and anytime!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP