July 3, 2009

Review: Prey by Rachel Vincent

This is the fourth book in the Shifter Series. To read my review about the first three look here.

Description:
Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game…
Play? Right. My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother and an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.
Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever. (by goodreads.com)

Review:
Faythe's world is tumbling down and she has to do all she can to stop it. She runs from one complication into the next and can't afford to lose her head. It's time for her to grow up and learn how to be an alpha.
This story is full of conspiration, heartbreak and loss. In the middle of the book I took a break to mend my broken heart but I don't say why. Now I understand why Rachel said that she thinks her readers will hate her after this book. But I sorry to disappoint, I don't hate her. Perhaps I'm a little pouty but I understand the necessity of her plot development. Despite my heartbreak I think this is the best book so far in the Shifter Series. And thanks to the great cliffhanger I'm now so curious to read the next book that I think at least my fingernails will hate Rachel for this book.

3 comments:

Michelle Greathouse July 3, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

I can't wait to get my hands on this book. Thanks for the review. :)

M

Donna July 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

I have the first two books of this series. I better hurry before I get too far behind in this series.

I have something for you over at my blog.

Angiegirl July 8, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

I love your header. What fun! And I'm very jealous you've read this one already. Can't wait to get a hold of it. All the talk has made me nervous but I feel certain I'm going to react similarly to you. I like how she's seemed to have an overarching story in mind from the beginning with this series.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP