June 19, 2009

Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent

Stray

Description:
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
I'd been warned about Strays: werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever and whoever I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them. (by goodreads.com)

Review:
It's a great story about grad student Faythe and her Pride of werecats. I loved the world building and the whole way Vincent describes the structure of the Prides and their interactions. My only problem with this book was with Faythe's behavior. She tells us she's in love with Andrew and then she forgets him after one day and hops in the bed of another man. Really? There a few other things she does or says that I can't follow but who knows what it's like to be a werecat.


Rogue


Description:
Cats don't always land on their feet.
I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on and off duty.

But not all my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet—two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear. (by goodreads.com)

Review:
This is the second book in the Shifter Series and I liked reading it. But when I think about the story now I'm not so sure what I should make of it. In retrospective I can't understand why Faythe is lying to her family and friends and then she is grumpy when they are disappointed with her. But I think we are all just human and so is Faythe. Perhaps I like her because she has flaws and isn't the perfect little heroine.


Pride

Description:
I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend—and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride—along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human. I'm two for three. A goner. Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I think I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council. If I survive my own trial… (by goodreads.com)

Review:
The third book of the Shifter Series is the best in my opinion. The story is frustrating with this whole trial and the injustice of it. But the world isn't always fair and I think Vincent shows that really good in her book. But the whole Marc incident nearly took my breath away. That's really gruesome and I don't like it. But again life is no picnic. after all it's a good book and I couldn't stop reading it. Looking forward to Book No 4.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP