July 31, 2009

Getting to know each other!

I read Mandi's post @Smexy Books a few minutes ago and thought: What a great idea. It all started with Hilda from The Dip-Files. She decided in her 10th post to start a questionnaire about us, the bloggers.


The rules:

1. Post these questions (with your own answers) on your blog.

2. Come back and leave a comment with the link back to your post.

3. Answer the questions as honestly as possible.

4. Have fun!

So here are my answers:



Foremost, what’s your name?

My name is Susann but I'm only addressed this way by my mom and dad when I've done something wrong so I prefer Susi.



What is your favorite word and why?

Quark. It's German and means curd in the original way. In slang it's used for expressing that you don't believe that something said is correct. I like the sound of the word. Don't know why.



What is the hardest word for you to pronounce?

Appropriate. I will break my tongue with this one.


If you had to choose one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Includes one drink):

Mashed potatoes with fried eggs and veggie wiener and I think apple juice.



If you had to choose one book to read for the rest of your life, which would it be? (I know, I’m mean!):

That's not fair!!! I'm not sure. Ähm, "Magic Strikes" by Ilona Andrews. Yep, definitely.


Hypothetical scene: You’re invited to a huge party where all your favorite authors are going to be at, but you are only allowed to speak to one of them. Who would you choose to talk to and why?

I would choose Walter Moers. A German author who isn't really into public appearances. Would love to see him live.



We know you like blogging, but what else do you enjoy doing?

I love to watch movies and a few series. I'm also a real sucker for cats and animals in general- so I like spending time with them. I love music, art in general and books(great surprise here).



Do you speak any other language? If so, which one? If not, would you like to learn one?

I speak German cuz it's my mother-language. I learned English, French and Spanish in school but I think English is the only one of this three in which I can express myself. French is OK but not very comfortable cuz I'm a dummy at conjugating and so I never try. Spanish is limited to I think three full sentences tops. I would love to to learn Russian.



Hypothetical scene N˚2: You’re trapped in a dark room, haven’t eaten for days and are starting to stink. Your only salvation lays within ten feet from you. It’s a huge spider (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets size) with the key to the door hanging from its neck. Do you go get it or do you doom yourself to death?

I think I would get it. I have a soft spot for spiders since Arragog. They are totally misunderstood.


If you could move anywhere in the world and be given tons of money in that specific monetary unit, where would you go and why?
I'm not so sure. A carebean island would be great but I think I'm a traveler at heart so I think I would love to move around a bit till I find what I'm looking for cuz I'm not sure in the moment where I want to live the rest of my live.



That was fun!! Go over to Hilda and try it yourself!

8 comments:

Mandi August 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

Magic Strikes - nice choice:)

Fun answers!!

Hilda August 1, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

Oh no! You have a soft spot for spideeeers. Ickkk. Aragon told its children to have Ron and Harry for dinner, remember? LMAO

Really enjoyed your answers, thanks for playing along!

Have a great weekend.

~Hilda

Leontine August 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

Hi Susi,
What a wonderful way to get to know you, I think I've done this myself a time or two and had fun answering these questions. Can i join you in the Careabeans? I so need a cocktail and some r and r with a studmuffin to look at *wink*

SusiSunshine August 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

@Mandi I love Ilona Andrews. Can't get enough of her books.

@Hilda I have a heart for nearly all animals apart from horses. Don't why but I hate horses.

@Leontine Sure thing. On my island are enough studmuffins and drinks for us all. You're all welcome when I've found it ;-)

Donna August 1, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

I like the word: Quark. I need to give a spin a few times.

Veggie weiner, huh? Never had one. Need to see my grocery store carries those.

Loved your answers!

SusiSunshine August 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

@Donna The veggie wiener are really yummy. Our grocery store gets them once a week and you have to be really fast to get a package. They're sold out 24hrs tops- don't know why they don't order more, these discriminating meat-eaters ;-)(LOL)

Blodeuedd August 4, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Oh Russian, I thought about that in high school. but to learn those signs first, well long story short I went with French and more German

SusiSunshine August 4, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

@Blodeuedd Yep that was exactly my reason for choosing French in school. My boyfriend tried homeschooling me with his school Russian- didn't go well. He was to impatient and I couldn't memorize the Cyrillic signs. "P" is "R" and things like that- quite confusing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP