July 5, 2009

New Look with little complications

Today I started a project: New header for my Blog.
I had an idea and was so full of enthusiasm. I started to make the little bookworm and wanted to color it with Photoshop. But after an hour I had to admit that I'm a real nitwit concerning this program and was in great need of a coffe break. Good recovered I searched for an alternative for PS and found Gimp. That was my savor. It's really handy and self-explanatory. I just love it.

After completing my bookworm I had this big hole on the left side so I started searching again and found this wonderful picture af a girl on top of a weighted companion cube. For all the people who don't know what a weighted companion cube is, it's a running gag from the video game Portal (Great game!!!). The picture is of an artist named Sailor Bob .

When this mission was accomplished I remodeled the rest of the Blog a little and now I'm happy with it again.


Yesterday Donna has given me a Heartfelt Award.
It's my first one and I'm really proud.
The blog nominating I have to postpone to another day because it's really late and I have to think about it.
But thanks again to Donna.

4 comments:

Michelle Greathouse July 5, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

I love the new header. :) I have absolutely no idea how to do anything related to paint or paint shop pro or anything else like that. LOL I was very fortunate to have a wonderful lady offer to spruce up my blog for me. :)

You did a wonderful job - the book worm is fantastic. :)

Best to you,
M

Donna July 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

Looks good! I like it and the colors.

You're welcome on the Hearthfelt award, you deserve it!

Cecile Smutty Hussy July 6, 2009 at 4:40 AM  

I am new here, I saw you on my followers... and wanted to come check out your place!! I am very much loving your place!! It is very nice and very much deserving of the award you received!!
If you share a passion for books and hot eye candy... welcome to the club!!!
If I can help with anything.... you just let me know!
I hope you had a great Sunday and I hope you have a wonderful Monday!!

SusiSunshine July 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

@Michelle G Thanks. this bookworm was a peace of work and I think I lost a few hairs in the work process but now I really happy with it.

@Donna and @Cecile Thanks and ditto to both of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP