July 11, 2009

A stressful Week & a hairy problem

This week was just one big struggle. I had to start learning for my exams this week and that's a really pity because so many good books found their way to me and are just waiting to be read.
"But I have to be brave and concentrate on Statics." This is my new mantra till Monday. And I should be serious about this. I don't want something like this happening to my first self planned bridge:
Another thing occurred this week: I had to go to the vet with my kitty. She got a little wound two weeks ago and just didn't stop scratching it. So the formerly tiny wound is now as big as a 2€ coin. Just great! So we had to borrow a car because traveling with a cat in a box in the streetcar isn't an option. We convinced my mother-in-law to give us hers in the time she's on work. So we drove to the vet and we were lucky, we just had to wait 20 minutes. The vet said that she can't do much because Yoko's wound is at her throat at exact the spot where these beautiful scratch hindering cone(<--see picture, not my cat) would be. So we just got an ointment and Yoko got shot of antibiotics. The doc told us to cover it with a tubular bandage and this isn't as easy as it sounds. Looks funny!!See the desperate look in her eyes . --> She doesn't like this thing and I can totally understand why. But what has to be, has to be.
So now I hope this works and that I don't have to bring her to the vet again next week.

So about my little hairy problem. I found something this week and need a little hep with it. It's a present I got a few years ago and totally forgot about. It's a barrette and I have to admit I have no idea what to do with this thing. Yeah I know I have to put it in my hair but how? I don't even no what this thing is called. So I thought perhaps someone has seen this before and could share her wisdom with me. I would greatly appreciate it.



So what was your week like? Did anything good or funny happen?

14 comments:

Missy B. July 11, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

How big is it? I used to use clips like these that were called Banana Clips. I would open it and put it at the back of my neck, then scoop all of my hair from either side of my head into it...then it clips on the top. So it's kind of like an elongated ponytail. If it is a short clip, then I am not sure how you would use it. Do you have long hair? My hair was long at the time I used these clips and I loved them, especially in the summer...it kept me cooler with all of that long hair off of the back of my neck!

Marissa July 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

I hope your cat will be well soon and I want to wish you good luck with your exams! After the hard studying you can reward yourself with some great romance reads!

As for the hairclip, just like Missy we used to call them Banana Clips, and I use them just the same as Missy did. But it was a long time ago that I used those clips!

SusiSunshine July 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Ah this could be it. This is circa 6 inches long. My hair only goes a little bit over my shoulders. Perhaps I should try this.
Thanks for the help.

Mandi July 11, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

Yes, a banana clip! :)

Hope your kitty gets better!!

I'm reading Branded by Fire right now..so good!

Amy C July 11, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

I hope your little kitty gets better without any problems.

Good luck with your studies and exams.

And Branded By Fire is waiting to be read here too :).

Michelle Greathouse July 11, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Good luck with the clip and the studying. :)

Hope Kitty is better soon.

M

Donna July 11, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Oh, I hope your kitty gets better!

The advice on the hair clip from Missy is how I would use the clip, these clips are pretty handy and easy to use.

As for the new books, very nice selection, I can see where the temptation to read instead of study would be a distraction. ;) Good luck on your exams!

Cecile Smutty Hussy July 13, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

I sure do hope you kitty feels better soon and the bo-boo's heal!!!

I will say prayer for your studies!! Hope all goes well with that!!! I know you can do it!!

As fat as the clip, go with what Missy is telling you!!! They are called banana clips here too and that is how we used them too!!

Nice reading material to tempt you away from your studies... look at it this way... if you study and are done... then you can read!!!

Blodeuedd July 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Some good books in there, I can understand that you would rather read those than study :)

Unknown July 15, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Hey Susi,
I have an award for you. Come by my blog and check it out!
Shellie
http://layersofthought.blogspot.com/2009/07/three-awards-for-me-and-now-finally-my.html

Linda Nguyen July 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Those are good books you've received. The "little mistake" picture made me laugh. I thank you for that. =)

I hope you've done well with your exams. I know those can be a bummer. I had an exam just last week and it stalled all my reading. grr...

I hope your cat feels better too, and I honestly don't know how to use that sort of hairclip. I only tie my hair up. =/

Linda Nguyen July 16, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

I'm stopping by again to say I have something waiting for you to pick up. =)

http://bambireads.blogspot.com/2009/07/lets-be-friends-award.html

Leontine July 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Hi Susi,
That is a pile of seduction you have there and can understand its pull. Do you still have exams demanding more free time? I do hope you’re cat gets well soon.

I'm so very off this week with vacation time coming up, hubby in pre vacation stress at work. Trying to do an hundred things and on top of it migraine *whoopee* Anyway, meds do their job but make me sluggish *bleh*

Anyway, this is just about as boring as I can get. I hope you can enjoy those very hawt books soon. Do you have vacation coming up soon Susi?

SusiSunshine July 18, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Thanks for all the good luck wishes I think they worked for the first one so don't stop!!!

@Linda & @Shellie Thanks so much to both of you. Hurray!!!!

@Leontine Yep, got a vacation coming up at the end of August but I've got no clue where to. I think we will decide it spontaneous. We were thinking about going to Egypt with a befriended couple but they want to go for two weeks and we just want to go one.
Wish you all a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP