August 6, 2009

Books read in July!

So last month was a slow one concerning reading but very productive concerning exams lol.
Here is my list:

1. "To Die For" by Linda Howard

Funny read. Blair is really witty and has a serious attitude problem. Wyatt is a real alpha male- bossy and demanding. A quite interesting combination. But something was missing. I don't know why but I liked the second book in this series more.
3 of 5 stars


2. "Ashes of Midnight" by Lara Adrian

When I think about Andreas Reichen I can't imagine a sexy and intriguing man. Along this series I also thought of him as a rather uninteresting person. His power pyrokinesis is a great idea but it didn't make me like Reichen more. His backround story was good and gave his character a new depth.
The story was good. I especially loved the setting in Germany
3 of 5 stars


3. "Prey" by Rachel Vincent

My full review is here.
5 of 5 stars




4. "A Girl's Guide to Vampires" by Kati MacAlister

I read many reviews about this book before deciding to read it. And I have to say the first 50 pages didn't fulfill my expectations. I was prepared for a story about vampires and the main characters thinks they don't exist. When Joy realizes that she stumbled headfirst in a dark world of paranormal creatures I nearly screamed "Took you long enough girl!!!". The story after this point was good. It's a combination of find the bad guy and choose the right man. Roxy can be a little annoying but she is really amiable. Very funny book!!
4 of 5 stars

The next ones are the books read in my exam time so there is no real review but I think I will write them when I have the time for that again.


5. "Midnight's Master" by Cynthia Eden

Wonderful book with the right amount of demon inside!
5 of 5 stars




6. "Seduce the Darkness" by Gena Showalter

Devyn is so sexy and adorable and he knows it. I never thought I would like such an arrogant character but OMG he's gogeous.
5 of 5 stars


7. "Branded by Fire" by Nalini Singh

My inner kitty still screams to have her own little wolf, so I think that's said enough so far!
5 of 5 stars



8 . "City of Souls" by Vicki Pettersson

I love these series and this book brought some new aspects and unexpected developments. Heartbreaking!
5 of 5 stars



9. "Talk Me Down" by Victoria Dahl

This book took my by surprise. Yes, I should have guessed. So many people that this is very good book and so on. But seriously, I never thought it would grip so fast and hard. Couldn't stop reading it although I had to learn for my exams. So you are warned its very intoxicating! This is one of the best books I read so far this year and I can't wait to read the second installment! If you haven't read it. Go and get it Now!
5 of 5 stars



I've got my last exam tomorrow so I really should learn now and stop finding ways to avoid it.

11 comments:

Michelle Greathouse August 6, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

I have the Adrian, Showalter, Singh and Petterssen books on my 'tbr' shelf - glad to know you enjoyed them all. :) I've read Prey and it is one of my favorite series. :)

Good luck with your exams. :)

M

SarahT August 6, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Nice list! Victoria Dahl is a great author and 'Talk Me Down' is hilarious. Have you read 'Start Me Up' yet?

MrsMixx August 6, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

I have some of these books waiting for me in my to-be-read pile (Pettersson,Vincent)

But i've never read any Gena Showalter books but i've heard a lot of good about this author. I should maybe try reading one.

I just started reading "Slave to Sensation" by Nalini Singh and wowww. I'm a bit sad i didn't read it before. Hiope the rest of the series is that good

Good luck with your last exam =)

ps: your cat is SO cute!love the pics

SusiSunshine August 7, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

@Michelle The shifter series is one of my fav too.

@Sarah Haven't read Start Me Up but it's on top of my tbr.

@pattepoilue Gena's books are really great. Her style is remarkable-full of wit and fun.Her contemporaries are also very entertaining. The psy/changeling series is getting better and better. My favs are Hostage to Pleasure and Branded by Fire. And I know , my kitty is a real beauty.

Cecile Smutty Hussy August 7, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

Very nice reading this past month!!!
I also wish you luck on your last exam!!!

Leontine August 7, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

Some list you've got there Susi, even for a slow month LOL Vicki Petterson, I noticed this series before and I find it intriguing yet don't know if I should start in it with already so much on my shelves.

Blodeuedd August 7, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

You have had a very good month :)
I must check out some of those

Amy August 7, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Great list. Good luck with your exams

SusiSunshine August 7, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Thanks for all the good luck. Exam went fantastic.Prof. Müller is the best teacher ever!!!

@Leontine I like Vicki's style. The mood is really dark, bad things happen all the time, but I like it nonetheless.

Donna August 7, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

I hope you did well on your exam!

You had some good reads last month, good for you. I just finish The First Sign of the Zodiac: The Scent of Shadows, it was a very good read. Enjoyed it.

SusiSunshine August 7, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

@Donna Most of the exams were Ok, one was really great and one was the worst I ever had. The zodiac series is really special and one of my favs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP