December 31, 2009

My 2009 Reads

Wow, this year was great for me in the reading department. I discovered many new to me authors and the wonderful world of book blogging. Fell in love with both. I really enjoyed the time I spent on  other blogs and on twitter and I'm happy and thankful that I met so many new great people in the interwebs.

My top 10 reads of 2009(in no special order- links to my reviews):
These all get the extra special Portal cake from me! A great honor in my opinion!
- Laid Bare by Lauren Dane
- Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews
- On The Edge by Ilona Andrews
- Magic in the Shadows by Devon Monk
- Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward
- Marked Series by S.J. Day
- Butterfly Tatoo by Deidre Knight
- Seduce the Darkness by Gena Showalter
- Dear Sir, I'm Yours by Joely Sue Burkhart
- Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells


Least favorite books of 2009:
- Covet by J.R. Ward
- Skinwalker by Faith Hunter
- Out of Control by Shannon McKenna
- The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton


I read many book this year but I started counting a bit late so I have only a list starting on April, 1st. Here it is:

91. Crux (Southern Arcana #1) - Moira Rogers
90. Riding Wild (Wild Riders #1) - Jaci Burton
89. Glory In Death (In Death #2) - J. D. Robb
88. Savage Possession (Temple of Luna #1) - Moira Rogers
87. Holiday Seduction - Lauren Dane, Jaci Burton 
86. Adored - Tina Donahue
85. Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1) - Keri Arthur
84. Naked In Death (In Death #1) - J. D. Robb
83. Holiday Heat - Lauren Dane, Jaci Burton
82. Tempt Me With Darkness (Doomsday Brethren #1) - Shayla Black
81. Blaze of Memory (Psy Changeling #7) - Nalini Singh
80. Mia's Return (Destiny's Trinities, #2) - Teal Ceagh
79. Blaze of Memory(Psy-Changeling, #7) - Nalini Singh
78. Gobsmacked (Men of Smithfield, #1) - L.B. Gregg
77. Deep Kiss of Winter(IAD #8;Alien Huntress #5) - K. Cole, G.Showalter
76. Beth's Acceptance (Destiny's Trinities, #1) - Teal Ceagh
75. Hunter's Need (Hunters, #10) - Shiloh Walker
74. Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson, #7) - Keri Arthur
73. Magic in he Shadows(Alli Beckstrom, #3) - Devon Monk
72. Skin Game (Skin Series, #1) - Ava Gray
71. Indiscreet - Carolyn Jewel
70. Beloved Vampire (Vampire Queen, #4) - Joey W, Hill
69. Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2) - Ann Aguirre
68. Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) - Ann Aguirre
67. Sweet Restraint - Beth Kerry
66. Must Love Hellhounds - Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, Meljean Brook,Charlaine Harris
65. On The Edge (The Edge, #1) - Ilona Andrews
64. Covet (fallen Angels, #1) - J.R. Ward
63. Fade To Black (Black CATS, #1) - Leslie Parrish
62. Doomsday Can Wait (Phoenix Chronicles, #2) - Lori Handeland
61. Survive My Fire - Burkhart, Joely Sue
60. Deeper - Hart, Megan
59.Skinwalker: A Jane Yellowrock Novel - Hunter, Faith
58. Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) - McCarthy, Erin
57. Sweet Seduction (Sweet Series, #3) - Banks, Maya
56. Sweet Persuasion (Sweet Series, #2) - Banks, Maya
55. Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2) - Dahl, Victoria
54. Sweet Surrender (Sweet Series, #1) - Banks, Maya
53. Laid Bare - Dane, Lauren
52. Demon Inside (Megan Chase, #2) - Kane, Stacia
51. Eve of Chaos (Marked, #3) - Day, S.J.
50. Eve of Destruction (Marked, #2) - Day, S.J.
49. Eve of Darkness (Marked, #1) - Day, S.J.
48. Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2) - Knight, Deidre
47. Red Fire (Gods of Midnight, #1) - Knight, Deidre
46. Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) - Mead, Richelle
45. Leader of the Pack (Urban Werewolf, #3) - MacInerney, Karen
44. Speak of the Devil (Morgan Kingsley #4) - Black, Jenna
43. Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) - Frost, J.
42. Dear Sir, I'm Yours - Burkhart, Joely Sue
41. One Wrong Step - Griffin, Laura
40. Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1) - Dane, Lauren
39. Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1) - Dahl, Victoria
38. City of Souls (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 4) - Pettersson, Vicki
37. Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #8) - Singh, Nalini
36. Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, #4) - Showalter, Gena
35. Midnight's Master (Midnight, #3) - Eden, Cynthia
34. A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) - MacAlister, Katie
33. Prey (Shifters, #4) - Vincent, Rachel
32. Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) - Adrian, Lara
31. Undercover - Dane, Lauren
30. To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1) - Howard, Linda
29. Out Of Control (McClouds & Friends, #3) - McKenna, Shannon
28. Standing In The Shadows (McClouds & Friends,#2) - McKenna, S.
27. Street Magic (Black London, #1) - Kittredge, Caitlin
26. Behind Closed Doors (McClouds & Friends, #1) - McKenna, S.
25. Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2) - Howard, Linda
24. Black and White (Icarus Project, #1) - Kessler, J. /Kittredge, C.
23. Pride (Shifters, #3) - Vincent, Rachel
22. Rogue (Shifters, #2) - Vincent, Rachel
21. Stray (Shifters, #1) - Vincent, Rachel
20. Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4) - Mead, Richelle
19. Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) - Mead, Richelle
18. Personal Demons (Megan Chase, #1) - Kane, Stacia
17. Silent Blade - Andrews, Ilona
16. Magic In the Blood (Allie Beckstrom, Book 2) - Monk, Devon
15. Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, Book 1) - Monk, Devon
14. Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) - Wells, Jaye
13. Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) - Vaughn, Carrie
12. Red (Dead World, #1) - Summers, Jordan
11. Midnight Sins (Midnight, #2) - Eden, Cynthia
10. Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) - Eden, Cynthia
9. Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1) - Rowen, Michelle
8. Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2) - Rowen, Michelle
7. Second Skin (Nocturne City, #3) - Kittredge, Caitlin
6. The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, #2) - Hamilton, Laurell K.
5. Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, #1) - Hamilton, L.K.
4. Thunder Moon (Nightcreature, #8) - Handeland, Lori
3. Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) - McCarthy, Erin
2. The Host - Meyer, Stephenie
1. Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) - Andrews, Ilona

So that was my year in reading!
Hope yours was great too!
Have a great New Year celebration and Guten Rutsch(as we say here in Germany).


18 comments:

Leontine December 31, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

I really need to check out Butterfly by Deidre Knight, I've heard so much from this novel and all good. So Shannon McKenna with Out Of Control didn't do it for you huh, that's a bummer and Covet too hhmmmm I had such high hopes, still have my hopes only not so high any more LOL

And an incredible reading list Susi, I hope you have an even better 2010.

Jaye Wells December 31, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Yay! You just made my day. I hope 2010 brings even better reads for you!

SusiSunshine December 31, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

@Leontine Butterfly Tatoo is really outstanding good. Out of Control was like reading the first 2 books again. Hope you have a great year 2010 too!

@Jaye *fangirl squee* Enjoy your cake! And thanks for stopping by! Have a great year 2010!

Mandi December 31, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

Great list!!! I still need to read Lauren Dane and Devon Monk...especially after your awesome reiview!

Monkey Bear Reviews December 31, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Wonderful list! I really want to read the Deidre Knight book. I'm holding out for the print release in February.

Happy New Year!

Jill D. December 31, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

Great List! I have only read one of the books in your top 10 list - Lover Avenged. I didn't like it quite as much as you did. Rev just didn't do it for me.

I just started the Kate Daniel's series and plan to continue with it. I also have the Well's book on my list too.

BookObsessedGrl December 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Susi,

Happy New Year!!!

What an awesome list!!! I don't know if I can compile all I have read in 2009, because I wasn't keeping track - but I am going to start making my list for 2010 - so stay tuned for New Years 2011 to see all my reading glory! LOL

I saw that you didn't like Skinwalker by Faith Hunter - I have it here but haven't read it yet - don't let not liking that book deter you from reading her Rogue Mage Series/Trilogy. I loved all three books in it & hope she decides to write more in that world.

Michelle Greathouse December 31, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

Susi,

Very nice batch of books there. :) I have Crux and Silent Blade on my wish list.

Happy New Year!!

M

Unknown December 31, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Great list! I'm sad you didn't like The Laughing Corpse... can't win them all though. Lots of books on your list that I have waiting to read :)

Have a fantastic New Year too! xx

SusiSunshine December 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

@Mandi oh do that! You won't regret it!

@Sarah I plan to buy the real book too! An absolute must have!

@Jill D I so love Rhev. He's one of my favorite characters in that series! Luckily we don't all like the same men or the world would be one big catfight!

@Heather Can't wait for that list. Perhaps I will try her other books. When you like them I will probably too.


@Michelle I loved both. Will review Crux as soon as possible.

@BCC I think LKH is lost for me. Don't know why everyone seems to love her books.

Janna December 31, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Wonderful list, hon! I've got Lauren Dane's Laid Bare on my ereader and also another book by Ilona Andrews! Good to see these authors in your top 10!
Have a Guten Rutsch too and a Happy New Year, sweetie! (or as we say in Dutch: Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar!) :D

Blodeuedd January 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Happy New year!

Many great books there, I really must try Monk

Amy C January 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Happy New Year!

I have On the Edge I'd like to get to soon. It sounds great!

I hope you have a wonderful year :D

SusiSunshine January 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

@Janna You will so love these books! Happy New year to you too!

@Blodeuedd Happy new year and yes you really must!

@Amy C On the Edge is great! I'm such a Ilona Andrews addict! LOL
Happy New Year!

MrsMixx January 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I'm bookmarking this page so i can come back and pick a books i haven't read in the future. I love your top 10, there are a few i haven't read but really want to (will be pre-ordering Dear Sir, I'm yours for exemple)
I think it's a good idea to keep track of what i'm reading i will start doing so this year too =)

Have a great week end Susi =)

Lola January 2, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Wow! You read a lot of books! Congrats on your accomplishment!

SusiSunshine January 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

@pattepoilue Yeah, I did that too. LOL I like the idea too and I will try to make the monthly thing too. A good way to not forget if I liked the book or not and why.
Hope you have a great week too.

@Lily Child Thanks hon. It was a good year. Hope I can read as much books this year too.

Joely Sue Burkhart January 3, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

OMG, Susi, you just totally made my year! That's what I get for missing a few blog posts... I'm so honored that Dear Sir made your top 10 list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP