December 1, 2009

My November Reads

November was a real good month in the reading department. I read 11 books while still studying and working. YAY me!!!! And even better I wrote 8 reviews and made a few beautifying changes on the blog. I started  my new Blog Feature My Geeky Desires and I'm really happy with the resonance. I would have never thought that other people would enjoy these things as much as I do. But I'm babbling, so back to the books. Here's what I read:
 
1. Indiscreet by Carolyn Jewel

My first historical ever and it blow me away. I loved the setting in Turkey. Everything seemed so real and instantly felt transported in this time and place. The characters are just wonderful, everyone in his or her own unique way.
Very funny and emotional read. I recommend this one to everyone who loves romance!
My full review is here.






2.
Skin Game (Skin Series #1) by Ava Gray

Wow this one was sooo good. It gripped me right at the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. Everyone should read this one. Don't believe me? Look at all these wonderful reviews it got:
- Smokinhotbooks: 5 out of 5 Smokin Smooches
- Monkey Bear Reviews: Grad: B+
- Pearl's World of Romance: Rating 9.3 out of 10
- Leontine's Book Realm: 4 out of 5 stars
- Stacy's Place on Earth: 5 out of 5 stars
- Fiction Vixen: 5 out of 5 hearts




3. Magic in the Shadows(Alli Beckstrom Series #3) by Devon Monk


This one really rocked my world. It went directly into my keeper shelf and is now on the first spot for re-reading! So funny and just perfect! Got a little post-it apocalypse in that one but it was so worth it. Love it!
My full review of this book is here.







4.
Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian #8) by Keri Arthur


This was my first requested review ever and yeah it's kind of my own fault that I now want to read the first 7 books in this series. Great book with witty and funny characters and one of the nastiest bad guys ever! The world Ms. Arthur created around Riley Jenson is intriguing to say the least. I'm a sucker for shifters and this books has them and even better the sexy vampires are included too.
You can find my full review here.





5.
Hunter's Need (Hunters #10) by Shiloh Walker


I won this book in a twitter contest and after reading it I wonder how could I have lived without taking notice of this series? Loved the story and the characters. Very emotional read and a real struggling journey to the HEA.  The world of the Hunters is something I have to read about again.


To read my full review please click here.






6. Beth's Acceptance (Destiny's Trinities #1) by Teal Ceagh


A real fast and sexy read set in a creative paranormal world.


Steamy and hawt scenes between the sheets with the right amount of m/f/m action. My full review is here.
Enjoyed this one and already read book 2 Mia's Return. The review
will be up tomorrow and Teal Ceagh will come over for a guest post on Dec 5th. So stay tuned for the fun!






7. Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole & Gena Showalter


 
Thanks to Mandi from Smexybooks I had the opportunity to read this one and wow it was sooo good. Best sex scene without touching ever. I adore Kresley story, it was just perfect- funny, sexy and thrilling. Gena's was good too but I kind of expected more. She spoiled me with Devyn's story(Seduce the Darkness- Alien Huntress #4). Review to come.






8. Gobsmacked (Men of Smithfield #1) by L.B. Gregg

 

 


Another first this month and again pimped by Mandi(isn't she evil). Gobsmacked was my first m/m romance and I really enjoyed it. Who would have thought that? This book is very emotional and I was really surprised how real all of it seemed. And it was sooo hot! Loved it and it will definitely not be my last in this genre. Review to come(oh man I'm so behind again in reviewing).





9. Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7) by Nalini Singh


I'm so hooked on this series. I love the world Ms. Singh created- wonderful thoughtful and also meaningful. As I mentioned I'm a sucker for shifters and this series is full of them. Unfortunately not so much in this book but the story was so heart wrenching wonderful that I nearly don't mind. Loved the plot and the characters but I will review this one too soon.






10. Mia's Return (Destiny's Trinities #2) by Teal Ceagh

Book 2 in this series and as the first one a fast entertaining read with really hot and steamy m/f/m action in the mix.

Full review will be up tomorrow and don't forget  Teal's guest post on Saturday.








11.
Tempt me with Darkness (Doomsday Brethren #1) by Shayla Black


My first book by this author and definitely not the last. Love the way Ms. Black writes and OMG I want my own immortal 1500 year old warrior in my bed…ahem…I'm mean life. *innocent grin* A wonderful world of magic with a gripping plot. A great paranormal romance and a fantastic start for this series. Full review to come.







What did you read? Any new discoveries I should definitely put on my Xmas wishlist?

17 comments:

Leontine December 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

I've got Mia's Acceptance up for review as well and look forward to sampling this author. Susi, you've had a good month. I know what you mean with Kresley Cole's no touching sex scenes, she has one in DARK NEEDS AT NIGHT'S EDGE too and wow, it fogged up my spectacles, I'll tell y that ;)

Nalini Singh...I'll wait for your review, really liked the forgotten POV. And I'm trying to keep away from Shiloh Walkers series. I've heard that in Riley Jenson series the next release will by the series closure but man SW series is 10 releases strong and still ongoing? I don’t think my CC can handle the pressure.

Here's to another great month for you Susi..or was it slow? For me this would be a good month ;)

Lola December 1, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

I have been keeping an eye on Skin Game...it's been getting some rave reviews!

The Riley Jenson series is definitely going on my tbr list. I can not imagine how difficult it must have been to start in the middle of a series!

Wow...Overall, it looks like it's been a busy month of reading! :D

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) December 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

Those are all great books - not one in the bunch I'm not interested in!

SusiSunshine December 1, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

@Leontine That's so true. I kind of busted myself last month with reading this books without having read the previous ones. I just can't say no! Was a good month for me.

@Lily Child Skin Game is so wow! Try it! And BtS is written to be also readable as a standalone. I really had no problem with the story.

@Patti Was a good month! No bad books at all!

Smokinhotbooks December 1, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

I loved Skin Game Susi. I just finished reading Blue Diablo by Aguire also another good one.

Mandi December 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

Wow - you read great books this month.

I still need to read Blaze of Memory darn it!

Glad you liked Murdoc and Danii! :)

MrsMixx December 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

ohhhh i was already checking your blog for the reviews i have missed....until i realized you haven't posted them all yet....YES i KNOW you said so yourself but i'm just THAT blond. lol
It was really a good months for you =) I haven't read much this month but those i read were great!
Yummm Tempt me with Darkness sounds really yummy
And well Gobsmacked i'll probably read very soon.


I will be waiiiiiiiiiiiiting for your review of Beth's acceptance because i've been eyeing this book and i want to know more!

Blodeuedd December 1, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Great month for you, I see some books there I really want to read.
And that 1500 year old warrior, I would not mind him either

SusiSunshine December 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

@Smokinhotbooks Oh Blue Diablo is on my wishlist for Xmas too! Yes it is one very long list.LOL

@Mandi You so need to get BoM. Was really good. Made me cry. And thanks again!

@pattepoilue I posted so much last month but had so many books of October and now the reviewing pile is so high again. I definitely read too fast or review too slow.LOL

@Blodeuedd He's stubborn as hell but knows his way in the bedroom. *drool*

Alexia561 December 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

Very impressed that you managed to read that many books, especially on top of school and work! Yay Susi! A good month for me would be maybe five books. Really need to learn to read faster... *L*

MrsMixx December 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

lol for me that's a little of both ;) I can't say anything because i review a book every 10 i read lol

Marissa December 2, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

That is an very impressive list! I can't wait to start in Skin Game and the Shayla Black books.

Monkey Bear Reviews December 2, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Nice list! I enjoyed both 'Skin Game' and 'Hunter's Need'. I have 'Indiscreet' on my list but I haven't read it yet.

SusiSunshine December 2, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

@Alexia Had a few shorter ones in the mix(3 had only 100 pages) so it's like a little cheating. ;)

@pattepoilue I made the rule only to review the good ones. Why take the energy into writing a review for books I didn't find the energy to read. LOL Read too many good books in the last month.

@Sarah Indiscreet was great but I'm no real pro in that genre. ;)

Pearl December 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Wow Susi, that's quite a list of read books and reviews for November!! I am really impressed and envious you can read so many books while working and going to school. I read a lot at the moment but that's because I am unemployed right now. With work I never read more than 5 or 6 books a month! I bow to you, really!

Oh and I love how you do this monthly round up of the books you read, really nice!

Silver @ TRR December 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

I haven't read any of these yet, but I've heard good things about Indiscreet. I also really have to salute you! 11 books! I don't know how you do it. *bow*

SusiSunshine December 3, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

@Pearl I was kind of shock myself too! I didn't watch more than a half hour tv a day, tops. Have a free week this month perhaps I can top this.

@Silver Indiscreet is really good. Highly recommended. Did nothing else. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP