Rose Drayton lives on the Edge, between the world of the Broken (where people drive cars, shop at Wal-Mart, and magic is a fairy tale) and the Weird (where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny). Only Edgers like Rose can easily travel from one world to the next, but they never truly belong in either.
Rose thought if she practiced her magic, she could build a better life for herself. But things didn't turn out how she planned, and now she works a minimum wage, off the books job in the Broken just to survive. Then Declan Camarine, a blueblood noble straight out of the deepest part of the Weird, comes into her life, determined to have her (and her power).
But when a terrible danger invades the Edge from the Weird, a flood of creatures hungry for magic, Declan and Rose must work together to destroy them, or the beasts will devour the Edge and everyone in it . . . (by goodreads.com)
How I love this book. I don’t understand why it’s always so hard to word a review for a really good book. This first thing I think of is: “ I love it so much. Go buy this one immediately!” But I think this wouldn’t work so I will try to give you a few reasons why you should buy it:
1. This book has the most wonderful Wal-Mart sentence ever! I read this one every time I opened this book and had to laugh. Yep, I put a post-it in and I also showed everyone who asked me what I was reading this one sentence. You want to know what I making a fuss about: Go and get the book!!! LOL Ok that’s mean. Here it is:
”Go brush you teeth, comb your hair, put on dry clothes, and get
the guns. We’re going to Wal-Mart.”
2. The most wonderful kids ever written. These two boys are so cute and funny. I just love them and that’s said by me who’s normally really fast annoyed with kids because they never do what I want.
3. Declan! You need more reason than this one word. He’s so yummy and witty. A real blueblood but surprisingly good informed about the Broken, he loves to be cryptic and is a natural in bring your blood to the boiling point. I fell in love with him after “watching” him doing his work-out. Oh my, the drooling seemed to be endless.
4. An adorable heroine- Rose is strong, willful, loving and hopelessly stubborn. She’s refreshingly direct and made me laugh many times. She cares about her family and tries everything to keep them safe.
5. Disgustingly bad monsters. Yep, that’s a reason to buy this book because what would be a book without hate-worthy and bile-rising bad guys.
6. Shapeshifter. I so love Ilona’s shapeshifters and the ones in this book are no exception.
7. A very sweet little romance story. It’s not the typical romance with smex after smex but it totally suits this book. I didn’t want more and that’s something coming out of my mouth. *wicked rin*
8. The wonderful freaky side-characters living in the Edge. How did I survive so long without such a wonderful crazy neighborhood? I have no idea, but now I miss it.
9. A thrilling and gripping showdown at the end. Every book needs a big fight at the end which will make your heart stop beating and makes you hold your breath. And On The Edge has one of those.
10. The last reason is the wonderful extra at the end of this book. Yes the beginning of Magic Bleeds!!! *fangirl screaming*
So I know you will hate me for putting another book on your TBR but you will definitely not regret it with this one. It’s just so perfect and you should really get it. OK, I will admit it I’m addicted to Ilona’s books and I probably not subjective but You HAVE to buy this one.
Enough said now. Enjoy the book.
To learn more about Ilona & Gordon and their books please visit their website here.
The Edge Series:
1. On The Edge: other reviews @Goodreads, buy @amazon
2. Untitled Sequel (release September 2010)
I’m not it any way subjective concerning Ilona Andrews and her books. I’m an addict and you know you should never believe those.LOL I bought this book on my own. I don’t get anything if you click on the amazon link and buy one of the books.