July 2, 2010

My June Reads

Okay as you can see i have a serious reading slump. I can't even say what happened. Not that all the books were bad but I kind of have to force myself to read at the moment. Bummer. I loved some of these books but still they didn't save me from this. I don't even want to think about next month and my exams. O_o
But I will stop to complain now and here is my short June Read list:

1. Edge of Moonlight (Lucani Lovers, #3) by Stephanie Julian 
This book was wonderful. A thrilling plot with a spicy romance. Kaine and John are my favorite couple in this series now but I'm open to change my mind when the next book comes out. Highly recommended read. (You can read my full review here
 


2. Magic on the Storm (Allie Beckstrom, #4) by Devon Monk 
This one started exactly the way I wanted it. I loved to see Alli and Zay interact but it kind of got all UF on me. I know this series is urban fantasy but man I didn't like the end at all. In the middle I wasn't really gripped by the action and the plot. Perhaps it is cuz of my reading slump.  Still want book 5 really bad though.
 
3. Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7) by Lara Adrian 
I had this book at home since January but never found the time to start it. When I got the news of meeting Lara I knew I had to read the book before so I finally started it. I enjoyed the book. I really like the hero and the heroine but something was missing. Perhaps I compared it too much to Rio's book. I still really like this series and I can't wait for the next one.
 


4. Exit Light by Megan Hart
I so adore this book. It again broke my heart but I loved every second of it. A wonderful book about dreams, reality and how to see the difference, if there is one in this world. I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. (You can read my whole rave here)
 

5. Reason Enough by Megan Hart 
To buy this book was a huge fiasco. I bought it at booksamillion (don't ask me why- probably cuz there were like 3 stores listed on Megan Harts blog and I just clicked on one). BIG mistake. It took them over 48 hours to get the book to me. In that time I already bought it a second time somewhere else. Huge FAIL. 

But the book was worth the hassel. It's a sequel to Dirty and I enjoyed to see Dan and Elle again. It was wonderful to see them together and how life treated them. Wonderful. And you know how much I usually love novellas. *LOVES* 

 


6. White Wedding by Megan Hart 4
I bought this one ages ago and discovered it while I wanted a Megan Hart fix and didn't get Reason enough. I enjoyed Josie's and Jack's story. Sweet, hot and entertaining. The overall plot was a bit predictable but enjoyed the book nonetheless.
 
7. Damned and Desired by Kathy Kulig (DNF)
I really tried to like this book but I just couldn't read more than the first half. It had too much smex and not enough story for me. I felt lost between all the characters and the world in general was kind of weird, too. Perhaps I will try again later cuz I read in another review that second half is really good but this month I just couldn't take any more.

So that's what I read. What did you read in June? Any books I should check out to get my reading mojo back?

5 comments:

Blodeuedd July 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

What on earth did I read in June?-..surely something, oh yes started Graphic Novels, that was cool :=D

MrsMixx July 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

I lost my reading mojo too! I read 6/7 books this month (not sure cause one was half half with May)

Meh...I have many books i NEED to read but i'm in a meh phase. I spend more time watching Stargate Atlantis than reading lol.

Me Wants to read Exit Light!!!!
Me wants to read Dirty too!

The cover of White Wedding is a bit weird...it took me at least a minute to see what it was lol

((huhgs))

C.Men

SusiSunshine July 2, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

@Blodeuedd Ohhh I always wanted to try those. They look so pretty.

@C.Men ROFL...yep the cover is...ahem...special. And I can totally understand the SGA appeal. I just say Ronon. *dreams* Hope we both get our mojo back.

Jill D. July 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

I really like Megan Hart. She is such a good writer. I have only read her books written under the Spice line from Harlequin. I should try her other stories too.

SusiSunshine July 2, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

@Jill D Ohhh I adore Megan Hart. I can rave about her work for hours. Exit Light was so awesome. I have ti say so far all Carina Press books I read were awesome. Perhaps you should try Megan's Order of Solace books, too. They are a bit different but you feel that it is A Megan Hart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP