June 2, 2010

My May Reads

May was a great month reading wise. I had a bit of stress but that's seems to get pretty normal for me. I read some really great books and I achieved some things besides that, too.
Here's what I read:



Like every book I read from Mrs. Dahl I laughed so hard in this one. Max is just wonderful and hilarious. Still pampering the review but I will get it done.
2. Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts

I was so curious about the Nora Roberts phenomena that I just had to buy one of her books. I loved it. It's a fast and entertaining read that made me crave more. So I bought the rest of the books in this series.

I bought this one after reading some reviews on other blogs and I enjoyed it. It's really hot and wicked. I didn't really connect with Ruby but I liked the book nonetheless.

This book was a total tearjerker for me, in a good way. I so felt for the characters and the whole story just drew me in. I have to read more of Shiloh's books, they have the potential to become a new addiction of mine.
5. Pleasure and Purpose (Order of Solace. #1) by Megan Hart

No month without a Megan Hart book for me. This series is not contemporary like the rest I read from Megan Hart. I enjoyed this change but I have to say so far the contemps are my favorite. I loved that this book is actually three connected stories and again I noticed that I'm not much into the girl being the Dom. Does that make me a bad girl?
6. Blood Born by Linda Howard & Linda Jones (my review)

I started reading this book with thinking it would be PNR but it was more an urban fantasy. Again I had a problem with the much changing POV but all in all it was a nice book. The last 100pages really grabbed and I can't wait to read book 2 cuz it will be about Sorin. *swoon*
7. Unholy Ghosts (Downside, #1) by Stacia Kane (my review)

This book was just wow. I tried to ignore any snippets and info about this book before starting to read it. I wanted the whole impact and it totally blew me away. Stacia's style is unique: her characters are special and the world she created was something new. Much recommended read.
 
8. Midnight's Ghost (Star Runner, #1) by Sara Brookes (my review)

I love science fiction and in a mix with romance it makes me in to a puddle of awe. I enjoyed Sara'S first scifi opera and can't wait to get my hands on book 2 in this series.
9. Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9) by Keri Arthur (my review)

This was one of the best ends in a series I have ever read. Enough closure for my taste and the HEA is wonderfully done. The book grabbed me from the start and I couldn't put it down. I so have to read the six books I'm still missing in the middle. Great book.

A book about Mayan history and archeologist? I'm so in for that. I devoured the pages and enjoyed every second of it. I plan to write the full review today so it will be up this week.
11. Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews

OMFG I completely adore this book. Can I marry it? Wonderful pace, so much fun, Currun smex and a gripping story. Nothing to not love. It went directly on my all time favorite pile and it's high on my re-read list, too.
You all have to read this series- it's made of awesome.


12. Crazy in Love by Ashley Ladd

This was a real short read and it confused me a bit. It's a mix of contemporary with paranormal elements and I had some problem with it. I will write the review today, too.

9 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) June 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

I enjoyed Crazy for Love too, and ADORED Magic Bleeds! I've got Pleasure and Purpose on my TBR, I keep meaning to read it, LOL :) Looking forward to Moon Sworn - I hope Riley gets an HEA.

ColleenFL June 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

I enjoyed Nora Robert's Vision in White also. I prefer her in Death series though.

MrsMixx June 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

What a great month for you! Of course Magic Bleeds is amazing...*happy sigh* It's so amazinnnnnnnnnnnnng, i can't wait to finish it to share with you all my wildest (and stupidest) theories!!
I requested the Bloodgate Guardians on Netgalley!!! And I can't wait to read Unholy Ghost!!!

SusiSunshine June 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

@Patti I know that TBR problem some books just get sucked into it until we remember them.

@Colleen I think I do too.

@pattepoilue I can't wait for the theories. LOL

Mandi June 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Holy wow you read a lot this month:) I can't wait to try the new Victoria Dahl!

Roland D. Yeomans June 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

MAGIC BLEEDS has my interest. Wow, all those books. And I thought I read a lot. Roland

SusiSunshine June 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

@Mandi Yeah I know. It was great. Typical her. Loved it!

@Roland It is a great series. You should start with Magic Burns, book 1 in that series. I really love these books to pieces.

katsrus June 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

Sure are a lot of great books there. I wanted to read Unholy Ghosts and Moonsworn. And I can't wait to read Bloodgate Guardian. Thanks for the reviews.
Sue B

SusiSunshine June 6, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

@Roland I just realized that the first one is Magic Bites. Sorry about that. Man these titles can be mighty confusing.

@katsrus I love those 2 so much. And you will love The Bloodgate Guardian.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP