May 23, 2010

Review: Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur

Description:
Some nights never end.
Some desires never die. . . .
She ventures where no one else dares—into realms of peril and pleasure. But will this next journey be her last?
Shape-shifting werewolf and vampire Riley Jenson is through with death–causing it, solving it, surviving it. Her soul mate, Kye Murphy, is dead–and at Riley’s own hands. Not even the seductive embrace of her vampire lover, Quinn, can fully ease her mind, for she has begun questioning everything that makes her Riley–including her job at the Directorate.
Now, the ritualistically slain bodies of ex-cons have started turning up. Reluctantly, Riley takes the case, but something even worse is waiting in the wings. For a vicious enemy from her past is determined to strip Riley of everything that gives her life any meaning: her lover, her brother–and even her own identity. Can Riley survive this ultimate assault? All she knows is, she must fight one last time to find answers, before everything goes dark forever…


Review:
I received this book as a review copy from the publisher and I was so happy I got the chance. I adored the last book and OMG this one was so much better. I just couldn't stop reading. I really wanted a HEA for Riley and Quinn and after the last book I was unsure if that would be so easy.

Riley still suffers from the events of the last book. She hurts, she knows how lucky she should be to have her brother , Liander and Quinn but she just can't stop feeling the pain deep inside her. She lost so much and she still hates to be a Guardian. She not only lost her soul mate, she also lost her dreams of having a normal werewolf life. She tries to be strong but being unhappy with your life doesn't make that task easier. Riley really grew through the whole series and I have to admit that I like her more now than in the first 2 books even if she is  a bit broken inside. She is still a strong woman who says what she thinks and does what she wants. I know I am a prude but I especially liked that she didn't fuck around in this book. I never really like that.

I loved Quinn as always. He is ones of the best heroes ever and at some points I would have loved just to put my head on his shoulder like Riley and feel the safety of his presence. He is the rock that keeps Riley steady and he loves her the way she is, without reservations. He is caring and is worried- but not in such an overbearing way that alpha-males usually love. He respects her space and knows where he has to give her space and where not. And he is hot like hell so who could resist? Not me.

The plot in this book was okay. I was a bit annoyed with the whole memory losing at the beginning but it worked after a few pages. I liked how all the little glimpses came back to her and she could finally put the whole puzzle back together. I loved who the story unfolded itself, how Riley made her own decisions even if they weren't in sync with the Directorate.I know it's bad to want revenge but I really really liked the end- it was so what I wanted.

I squeed, I laughed and nearly cried in this book. It was a ride full of emotions and I think it would have even been better if I would have read all the previous books in this series. The story flows through the whole book. Ms. Arthur writes in a way that draws you in after the first few sentences. I caught myself peaking in the book even if I just had enough time to read a page or two. I just couldn't resist the temptation. One thing I know for sure: I have to get the previous books I'm still missing in this series and figure all the small things out.
 This book is highly recommended not only for Riley Jenson fans. I know it will probably not be that good without the back-story but it was such a good romance. I loved it to pieces.





To learn more about Keri Arthur and her books please visit her website here.


The Riley Jenson Guardian Series:
1. Full Moon Rising: reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon 
2. Kissing Sin: reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon 
3. Tempting Evil: reviews @
goodreads, buy @amazon
4. Dangerous Games: reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon
5. Embraced By Darkness: reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon 
6. The Darkest Kiss: reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon 
7. Deadly Desire: reviews @
goodreads, buy @amazon 
8. Bound to Shadows: my review, reviews @
goodreads, buy @amazon 

8 comments:

Heather (DarklyReading) May 24, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

I'm so excited to read this book! I've loved this series and I agree with you, I definitely like Riley more now than I did in the first few books - and I so love Quinn! I can't wait to see how everything ends up! Great review!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) May 24, 2010 at 2:00 AM  

I love this series, can't wait to read this one - it's the last in the series, right?

Jackie May 24, 2010 at 3:03 AM  

Susi, mine is in the mail soon and cannot wait. Sad it is the end of Riley's series but loved the stories and have them all so can re read later..

I have an award for you here at my place:
http://jacaburintexas.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-award-x3.html


jackie b central texas

SusiSunshine May 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

@Heather I so adored Quinn. He is just so wonderful. Thanks hon.

@Patti Yep it is the last! =( But it is a good end.

@jacabur I loved this book and I hope you will too.
Thanks hon thats so sweet.

Blodeuedd May 24, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

Nice review Susi!
I do love to sqee with books

SusiSunshine May 24, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

@Blodeuedd That makes the book extra special!

tenshinohanran May 26, 2010 at 2:20 AM  

I just cant wait to get my copy! I am so relieved I continue on.

JenM May 28, 2010 at 3:35 AM  

I've just started Moon Sworn and I'm totally swept up in it. I'm so sad that this is the last one, but Keri Arthur is working on a new series set 25 years after this that features the little girl Risa and she has said that characters from this series will make guest appearances.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP