June 12, 2010

Wahooooooooo I won!!!

Okay not sure if I told everyone already but  I won something wonderful this week. The fantastic Lara Adrian will be in Germany next week and I was one of lucky gals who won a Fan Ticket to meet her before her signing in Berlin on Monday.

Woot woot woot!

*jumps through the room and screams like a crazy*

Okay cooling down now. We will meet with everyone at 1PM on Monday and make a boat trip on the Spree and after that there will be a BBQ before the actual signing. All with LARA ADRIAN! I'm so thrilled and can't say often enough how happy I am about this.

BUT I already imagined all the ways I can embarrass myself and I really hope I won't. Reading and writing in English is something totally different. What if I always pronounced the words wrong in my head and no one understands me. I hope I won't sound like a complete dork. And me being shy and all I'm also so grateful that I found a girl on twitter who will go to the event with me. She lives here too and we will share a train ticket and hopefully sooth the nerves of each other. I will make a full report about everything here or perhaps not if I died of embarrassment. LOL

In other news I just came back from the wedding of my baby cousin. She now is officially married and it was a wonderful ceremony. The weather was gorgeous and the party was perfect. We had so much fun. The only thing my gran didn't find good was me failing in catching the bridal bouquet. The brides sister caught it and the groan my aunt and uncle made was deafening. LOL These 2 girls will ruin them financially.

I also set a new record: I killed my shoes after 45 minutes but luckily I had "dancing shoes" in our bag so could wear something on my feet. And yep the sole is broken and I nearly lost it while leaving the city hall after the ceremony.

Book and blogging-wise this week was a complete fail. Didn't read much and didn't blog much either.

How was your week? Any great news you can share with us?

Hope you all have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Julia Barrett June 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Hi sweetie! Glad you danced yourself right out of your shoes! How fun! I've missed you but my life has been sort of a mess lately so I can't blame you for being too busy to post. Have a great weekend.

MrsMixx June 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Ohhh hon lol you are a shoes killer! And they didn't look frail lol =P Good thing you thought of taking 'dancing shoes' *grins*

I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to hear all about tomorrow!! woot woooooot I'm sure you'll do fine hon don't worry. *hugs*

Lol it was a book reading fail too for me...I was home all week and I have read only 1 books O_o Damn Twitter is a real time-eater!

Leontine June 13, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

OMG, how fabulous you get to meet Lara Adrian, since you guys are my neighbor country I would've loved to take a chance at the signing. I don't think however that I can find a travel buddy so fast ;( It doesn't happen often that an author I love comes to Europe and now that one does...I can join *cries...slaps self across the face* Ends whining!

Susi, enjoy the meeting with everyone and of course Lara Adrian. If you have time, take lots of pics and give us a run through the day, that way we can share in your meeting with LA :) * demanding much? LOL*

SusiSunshine June 13, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

@Julia Hey sweets. Hope you feel better soon hon. There will be better times. ((hugs))

@pattepoilue Yeah I know. No idea how that happened. I think BF already damaged them on our way to the wedding. That must be it. I hope os too. LOL Yep it is hon. O_o

@Leontine I was thrilled about that news too and I really looked like crazy when I noticed that I won. I will make pics and make a full report. Will try to tweet through the day but I'm not sure if that works. We will see. There are 2 other dates I think: 16.6 Dortmund and 18.6 Nürnberg just looked it up.

Lea June 13, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

WOOT Lucky you Susi! I love Lara Adrian's books.. You enjoy and congratulations girl!

Blodeuedd June 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Wohooo you lucky girl!!!!!
Perhaps a broken shoe was worth this great news this week ;)

Ina June 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

wow, that are fantastic news!!! would love to go too, but I've no time...wish you all the best and have fun!!! enjoy your meeting with a gorgeous author :)
greetings, Ina

SusiSunshine June 17, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

@Lea Thanks hon!

@Blodeuedd Yep the shoes were worth it. LOL

@Ina Thanks we had. Hope you come along next time. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP