November 18, 2009

My Geeky Desires – Bad Weather


The last few weeks in Germany were rainy and stormy. That's so not my weather. I'm all for warm and sunshine so I definitely need something to light up these bad days.
Typical for me I couldn't find my umbrella a few weeks back so I searched around for a really cool one. Heather from Book Obsessed gave me a link to a wonderful website Geeksugar and I found an article about umbrellas. =)


Here are my two favorites:



The first one is my absolute favorite: The Lightsaber umbrella! Yes you read right!
lightsaber umbrella2Since I was a kid I always wanted my own lightsaber. Not one of these plastic thingies, I wanted a real looking one. But these are mostly way to expensive so why not just combine the wish with something practical like an umbrella? And never again it will be to dark under the umbrella.LOL And I want the red one. Yeah, I know only the Sith have the red ones but I'm a girls and I want the cloth matching color and that's red for me! You can buy it here, or so I think. I don't understand one thing on this website but the pictures are nice. Seems to be Korean or something like that. Damn!



The second one has a very popular theme: Twilight. You ask why is it geeky than? Because it has batteries. It's sold on a UK website here and it seems they know what to do when it's raining! LOL. Look here:

This one has many tiny LEDs and imitates an starlit sky. Isn't that cute. I have no idea what that has to do with Twilight beside that it sparkles, probably only to get more sales. But it's a lovely idea.

What do you think?

Quantcast

18 comments:

Unknown November 18, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

its so good to be a geek lol we get the most imaginative stuff :)

great post!

MrsMixx November 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

lol every time you surprise me with something even more geeky! ;) Since it's raining a lot in France i had my share of Umbrella. The most original was a rainforest imprint...lol that's no lightsaber! I think it could be useful at night lol.

Bwahaha Twilight Umbrella, i'm heading to see New Moon as i speak, maybe i should have bought this before ;)

Blodeuedd November 18, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

Ok the Twilight one is silly, no one would get that.
But oh I love the SW one!

Anonymous,  November 18, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

ahaha i love that no one's voted for the twilight one so far. suck it twilight!

SusiSunshine November 18, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

You girls are so great! I was afraid everyone would scream: "TWILIGHT"

You all just rock. Obi Wan would be proud!

brizmus November 18, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

Your geeky desires are always so. . .desirable!

Katie Mack November 18, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

OMG. A light saber umbrella? Now I've seen everything. ;)

Mandi November 18, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

I heart the twilight one!!! I love anything that sparkles!

Alexia561 November 18, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

The lightsaber umbrellas are too cool! Agree that the red one would be my choice as well, as red is one of my favorite colors.

Have a little something for you at my blog
when you have a chance to swing by.

Aarti November 18, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Ohmigosh, LIGHT SABER umbrellas! That is amazing :-) Thanks for posting.

Smokinhotbooks November 19, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

OMG the light saber umbrellas gets me all excited. I would give my left arm for one of those...I'd be like the coolest 20 something year old on my block *wink*

A Buckeye Girl Reads November 19, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

I love the light saber one!! I am so checking that site out-my brother in laws love anything to do with star wars.

A Buckeye Girl Reads November 19, 2009 at 2:11 AM  

I am such a nerd-I didn't see where you said the website was in another language. ;)

Cecile Smutty Hussy November 19, 2009 at 2:59 AM  

Oh I like the light saber one! I am a Twilight fan... but batteries... water... batteries... water... yea... the saber one wins!!
I am sorry to hear that it is not nice weather over there... I will wish for sunshine to head your way soon!!! Like this morning... LOL!
Have a great day honey!

Nadia November 19, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

OMG! I soooo want a light saber umbrella!!!!!!!!!!!!! *droool*

Donna November 20, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

Geeks unite! Umbrella light sabers for everyone!

We can be good Siths together! Rewrite a little Star Wars. ;)

Sheila (Bookjourney) November 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Lite saber way cool! The Twilight one must sparkle because in twilight the Vampires sparkle when they re in the sun? I dont know... guessing :)

SusiSunshine November 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

I'm so proud! So many Lightsaber lovers! Now we just need someone to translate this site for us! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP