December 31, 2010

2010 - A Book Year in Review

I didn't read as much as planned but I had many other things to do so I'm after all proud I didn't give up on reading or blogging. I think I perhaps overdid it a bit too. I need to learn to keep it reasonable and not spend all my free time on the blogs. There is a real life after all and I should try to spend more time with the real world. But it's fun so we will see how I can manage that. Yes I'm a blogging addict.

Here are the stats for 2010:

122 books - woot
18 Megan Hart books - yes it's scary...I swear I'm not stalking ;)
41 Contemporary Romance - yep it's getting more and more
10 Science Fiction =( - me a bad geek
7 Historicals =) - steady incline
6 DNFs - I'm stronger than I thought
81 reviews - yes I'm shocked myself

Yeah I was shocked about how many Megan Hart books I read and that i just read 10 sci-fis. I have to redeem the latter in 2011. And only around 30 books I didn't review. That is wow but I think I should do less. I'm starting to feel pressured about reviewing so perhaps I should read more just for me. We will see how that works out.
On another note I signed up to 2 reading challenges and yeah I forgot them sometimes in January. I think I read at least 10 eroticas but no Outlander book so I think these challenges aren't for me cuz I'm too prone for forgetting them. *hides in shame*

But I read some really good ones this year. You can take a look at my full list here but I will tell you my personal Top 10 reads of 2010 (in no particular order) naw and give you the shortest explanation why *g*
 
  • - Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews - Curran and Kate getting smexy ;)
  • - Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs - Finally a bit more Adam!
  • - Naked by Megan Hart - Alex deserved this book even more than we did!
  • - The Road to Shanhasson by Joely Sue Burkhart - Gregar *le sigh*
  • - Three Over Par by Cathryn Brunet - Wow, intense!

  • - Amidst a Crowd of Stars by Megan Hart - So sad!
  • - Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead - Made my heart bleed!
  • - Anytime Darlin' by Julia Rachel Barrett - Heartbreakingly real.
  • - Double Cross by Carolyn Crane - Carolyn is made of evil!
  • - Precious and Fragile Things by Megan Hart - Showed my I still can love non Romance books!
I'm also happy to have met so many great people this year. Blogging really connects and I can't imagine my life without some of them.
Special thanks go to

  • - Caroline aka pattepoilue - for making me giggle even when I thought I couldn't take anymore.
  • - The rest of the Book Lovers Inc gals - for being fun to work with!
  • - Julia Rachel Barret - for listening to my ranting and being a great person to talk to. I love to discuss things with her- she's just awesome.
  • - Megan Hart - for the best reading hours this year.
  • - BF - for understanding all this blogging and reading stuff

I blogged like the madwoman I am- 131 posts on The Geeky Bookworm and 149 posts on Book Lovers Inc. It seems I really am crazy and should slow a bit down. Not sure how to achieve that but will work something out.


So New Year resolutions for me:
  • - read more
  • - read more science fiction
  • - blog less
  • - don't review so much and start enjoying the reading more
  • - be yourself
  • - stay away from reading challenges
Sounds good to me. How was your reading year 2010? Any reading resolutions you will try to achieve?

Guten Rutsch into the new year!

8 comments:

SusiSunshine December 31, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

@Sabrina I wish I would stop reviewing nearly every book. I need more pleasure reading. And nope challenges aren't working for me either. And new authors and gernes sound good to me too.

Blodeuedd December 31, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Wow, wow, that is a lot of Megan hart books o_O But hey as long as they are awesome one must read

SusiSunshine December 31, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

@Blodeuedd Yes indeed. And I probably shouldn't tell BF how much money I spent on those. LOL

Julia Barrett December 31, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Oh, thanks! You listen to my rants also! I'm just posting about about you too! Come by in a few minutes...finishing up.

SusiSunshine January 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

@Julia It's always my pleasure sweety. Will come on over now =)

Sophia (FV) January 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

You had a wonderful reading year! It's all about enjoying it right? I love Megan Hart books!!

Jess January 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

I am not terribly good with challenges either, especially since I read too many genres.

SusiSunshine January 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

@Fiction Vixen Yes it is and always should be and yes I agree completely. I'm addicted.

@Dhympa It seems I'm a rebel. I really wanted to read these Outlander books but with the challenge over my head it was too much pressure. Will jsut read what I want from now on. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP