August 3, 2010

My July Reads

July was mostly exam month so as you can see I read like a mad-woman. WHy is that? No idea. Probably cuz I try to escape the real world more often? Cuz I don't watch tv at all? I'm really not sure. I read really many short reads this months so that could be it too. But nonetheless here are the books that made my exams bearable:

1. Everything Changes by Megan Hart
 
This is Tempted out of Alex Kennedy'S POV and I have to say I expected more. I should have know cuz it is a short story and many situations I just wanted to see with his eyes came a bit short. It was a good one but my expectations just weren't reached. And yes my heart is bleeding while I'm typing this.



2. Naked by Megan Hart (Re-read)

I completely adore this book. It is made of awesome. It the best I read so far from Mrs. Hart and you should read it too. Naked is a very sexy thought provoking novel. The writing is outstanding and the characters will draw you in from the start. Naked made me laugh, think and cry and I loved every second of it. When you want a book that will touch you deep inside and entertain you the whole time this is the book for you. I'm sure it will be at the top of my Best Reads in 2010 list. An absolute Keeper and I'm sure I will talk about this book for a long time to come. (my full review)

(yep an extra wcc)

3. Three Days to Dead (Dreg City, #1) by Kelly Meding 

This book was a fast paced ride through a wonderful urban fantasy world. I loved the characters, especially the heroine Evy. Surprises, love, hate, action and explosions. Entertaining novel you shouldn't miss. (my full review)



4. The Missing by Shiloh Walker 

Again a very emotional read I highly enjoyed. Shiloh knows how to wring every emotion out of our hearts. The story gripped me and my heart from the start and didn't let me go. Highly recommended for everyone who likes to feel the story. (my full review)


5. Unholy Magic (Downside, #2) by Stacia Kane

I really adore this series. Stacia created a wonderful new urban fantasy series with everything I want. Her wold-building is great and her characters are unique and even that sounds like an understatement. I can't recommend this one enough. Go read!  (my full review)



6. His at Night by Sherry Thomas 

Funny entertaining historical romance. I enjoyed reading this one- it made me laugh but it sometimes made my shake my head too. The characters where lovely and funny but sometimes just a bit too much for my taste. (my full review)


7. Bounds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh

This book reminded me why I love this series so much. Nalini writes books that grip you ASAP, touch your heart, make you smile and leave you with a smile on your face. I wasn't sure if I would like this one cuz I have to admit I had no idea who Max was but I adore him now. If you haven't started this series yet you're missing out. Her books are getting better and better.


8. As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2) by Kelly Meding

I liked this book even more than TDTD. It has more background info about Wyatt and brought some light into why everything happened. The story is still unbelievable fast paced and we get our share of explosions. ;) Can't wait to get my hands on book 3.  (my full review)


9. Coin Operated (Laundry, #1) by Ginny Glass 

OMG I loved this book. It gives hot a new definition. The characters are awesome and the story was awesome too. A naughty office story is always good in my eyes. The story telling  is wonderful. I know I will keep my eyes open for Mrs. Glass' books. (my full review)


10. Talk Dirty To Me (Laundry, #2) by Ginny Glass & Inez Kelley 

What's not to love about a hot and naughty professor who knows how to make you laugh and even more come. This one can call me any night and talk to me about pentration tests. Okay Susi's dirty mind just took over. Sorry about that. Highly recommended. (my full review)


11. Eve of Sin City (Marked, #3.5) by S.J. Day

I'm still not over the disappointment. I really want another Marked book but as it seems we won't get another full length novel. This short story was good but didn't give me everything I wanted after such a long wait. I hope we get at least a bit of closure in the next novella or even better perhaps we get another book after all. See I won't give up the hope.


12. Coming Clean (Laundry, #3) by Inez Kelley

This book is more serious than the first 2 books. That caught me a bit unprepared. I thought I would get another funny witty sexy read but it was different. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad at all. I loved it to be true. A married couple and his best friend and their way to something hot. It's about what makes a threesome complicated and who it would come to it in real life with someone you know and actually like before. I loved the way these 3 interacted and talked about it. This book really touched my heart. Review to come next week.


13. Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione


Wow, wow, wow!!!! Why I did I wait so freaking long with starting this series? I had this book at home since January. I can be so dense sometimes. I really liked it. The characters are awesome, it was funny, sexy as hell (yep every pun intended) and has a great plot too. I so need book 2 now. ASAP.

As it seems exams are good for my reviewing mojo or perhaps I'm just more organized at this time.

How was your July?

P.S. Only one more exam to go. =)

12 comments:

MrsMixx August 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

lol it seems July was a big reading months for the both of us =P Even if I didn't review as much as I read LOL

you're so cute with your extra companion cube for Naked !

Woooot only 1 exam left Wooooooooooooooooot

SusiSunshine August 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

@pattepoilue That review thing caught me unaware too. It didn't feel like that many. And it deserves like ten cubes but I thought that would be a bit too much. LOL And yay I can't wait for Friday to be over.

evi August 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

So you love "Naked" - and so much you give it an extra point - wow!
I´ve been waiting for Alex so long now, and the book is on my shelf since last week, but I still haven´t started reading it yet. I´m waiting for that special "Alex-moment" - I don´t want to be distracted, I don´t want to read it on the way to work, riding on the tram. I want to take him to bed with me and spend some time with him *gg*. Maybe next weekend when my busy working week is over!

BTW, have you read "Deeper"? Did you like it?

Just came across your blog some days ago - and will surely follow you! And: my absolute RESPECT for doing it in english! That´s a great idea!
Greetings from Vienna, Austria! Evi.

SusiSunshine August 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

@evi Good idea about taking the time to read Naked with time. I adored it as you can see. I plan to re-read it again when I get my paperback copy. And yes I read Deeper. It was one of the most emotional books I ever read. BF was really worried at times cuz I just couldn't stop crying. It is a bit different than her other books cuz it has that paranormal element but really good nonetheless. And thanks. Look forward to talk books with you. ;)

evi August 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Yeah, "Deeper" - I was completely devastated. OMG - Nick *sigh*.
I was totally worn out after having finished the book. And the feeling comes back everytime I look at my bookshelf. I really don´t understand how Megan Hart can do such a thing! And I still keep reading her books, just like an addict *gg*

SusiSunshine August 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

@evi Finally someone who gets my addiction. Same here. I think I read at least one Megan Hart book each month so far this year. In June I read Reason Enough and now I totally feel like re-reading Dirty. She will consume all my reading time with her books. LOL But I love it so I dodn't care. ;)

evi August 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

Not only is MH consuming reading time *gg*
I really don´t know how she does it - IMO her books are outstanding - and this although I really am craving for HEAs or at least HFNs - and we both know her endings... They do NOT always please me.
I even don´t like all her heroines so much. But the guys - wow, they are sooo sexy. And she does it all from the heroines POV, and she´s not only telling us they are great - she SHOWS it. And this is real superb writing for me.

(Puh, mein englisch war auch schon ein bisschen mehr fluent, war ein langer Tag heute, aber ich denke, du weißt, was ich meine ;-))

Alexia561 August 4, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

July was really productive for you! Read a ton of books, did lots of studying, and sat for exams. I'm impressed! Couldn't agree with you more about Kelly Meding, as she's one of my new favorites!

Good luck with your last exam!

Mandi August 4, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

I really need to read the latest Kelly Meding...good to see it got high marks from you!

Walter Knight August 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

If you think you might enjoy a humorous science fiction series, read my America's Galactic Foreign Legion.

It's selling real well, mostly on Kindle, but some paperback, too.

Inez Kelley August 17, 2010 at 5:04 AM  

I am just now seeing this! I am so glad you liked the Dirty Laundry Series. Ginny and I had so much FUN writing them. They are truly works of love. Thanks for the good words.

SusiSunshine August 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

@evi Yep I completely agree. And yes I think it is outstanding that we love her books even if her heroines aren't what we want. Can't say I don't like them cuz in my eyes they are just real woman and most woman aren't as perfect as some books want us to believe. Adore her books!

@Alexia Yep it seems so. The less time I have the more I read. LOL And I can't wait to read the next Meding. And the exam was good. Thx.

@Mandi Oh yes you really should. Awesome book.

@Walter Will check it out.

@Inez *squeeeee* Yes I did. The review of Coming Clean is planned for the 30th on Book Lovers Inc. And I can imagine that these books were fun to write.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP