March 6, 2010

My February Reads

This last month was so not what I call relaxing. We still had a few html issues with Book Lovers INC, and you all know my deep love for html *sarcastic voice*, and my long feared exams started. I already had 3 of them and now there are only 2 more to go. *yay*
I can't wait for that to be over and I so hope I will finally get my normal schedule back. I so miss to visit all the blogs and to procrastinate on twitter. I really miss you all!
So I think it's quite surprising how much I read in February. Otherwise I think I watched 5 hours TV tops last month (I don't count the hours were the tv was on and I was asleep. LOL).
So here's my list:

1. Flirting With Fate (Stiletto Girls, #2) by Lexi Ryan 
This is the second book in this series and I really enjoyed both books. It's a nice quick paranormal romance with a nice twist here and there. The character are lovely and we get many POVs through the whole book.
The main plot was gripping and the suspense was good too. I wanted to know how all this will work out so bad. I couldn't put this book down and now I so want to know how the story will go on. I'm officially hooked. 
A few things were missing for me but I can't wait to read teh next one.  (my full review)
 

2. The Rose of Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows, #1) by Joely Sue Burkhart 
I so loved this one. I started writing the review last week but every time I think I'm done it feels like I didn't do the book justice so I will keep changing it till I'm ready and feel like it says exactly what I want it to say. I'm always this way when I love a book. Just can't stop messing with it.
Just a few things about it: a really sexy great developed fantasy including yummy alpha males, the dark brooding "bad" assassin and a fascinating and thrilling plot. 
  
3. Scarlet Woman (Middlemarch Men, #1) by Shelley Munro
From the blurb I expected something more emotionally intense with many obstacles and struggles for trust. What I got was slightly different. All happened really fast and it really surprised me.
But the characters were lovely and I liked the kitty shifters. The sidecharacters were so much fun and the scenes between the sheets were really hawt.
A good read to keep you warm in this cold winter.
You can read my full review here.
 
4. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper 
I read this one for a challenge from a fellow Book Lover, Larissa from Larissa's Life. I agreed to read the whole series and she in return agreed to read Lauren Dane's Brown Siblings Series. Will review this book when I read all book in this series. But I can say I really loved it. Jane is such a great character and I had to laugh so much. One of the funniest books I read so far.
Really great book. You all should really give it a try.
 
5. The Road to Shanhasson  (Blood and Shadows, #2) by Joely Sue Burkhart 
Book 2 in this series and I loved it as much as the first one. Haven't started to write the review yet but it's on top of my to-do list after the exams.
This book had so many new twists and there a few things happened that made me scream "Oh Nooooooooo!" and perhaps I cried a bit. But the whole review will tell you more about that.
Oh and before I forget it: I so adore this cover. I can't wait to get this one in print. It totally reflects the story and it just fits. Love it!
 
Again wow to a Megan Hart book. How does she always find a way to sneak behind my defenses with her books? A whole day I could do nothing else than read this book and believe me I really annoyed Heather with what felt like a million quotes while reading it. It was just great. It has all a good book needs: something to laugh about, something to swoon about(yep a man *wink*) and things to cry about. Again a roller-coaster ride for me and I so want to review it but we will see how much time I can find after the exams. As I said so often: everyone should read one Megan Hart's books cuz I think you can hardly understand what I mean with all my praise without having read one. This one is definitely one of my faves of hers and I decided cuz of lack of new books written by her that I have to re-read one: so on my tbr is now Tempted again. =)
  
This book was a real surprise for me. Okay that sounds mean. I didn't expect a bad book after reading Captured but what I got was really more than I hoped for.
It was such a lovely and fast read. It was thrilling and sexy as hell. The characters were great and I wanted to hug them all. I'm not usually a huge suspense reader but this one really glued me to my chair/bed. Loved this one. I so want more of those so Julia keep them coming. You can read my full review here.
  
8. Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) by Keri Arthur 
After already having read book 8 and 1 I was a bit disappointed with this story. Can't even say why really but it was like: Oh that was the last page? Huh?

I think I need a break before I resume reading this series. Perhaps this book had not enough Quinn for my taste or I'm really too much human to accept this I have a different man in my bed every day. I can so relate to Quinn in this point.
I still like Riley so perhaps not all hope is lost. We will see....
 
9. Pleasure of a Dark Prince (IAD, #9) by Kresley Cole 
I'm a Immortals After Dark addict and I can't say enough how much I love this world. This book was especially great cuz it has my 2 most loved species in it as our couple- a Lykae and a Valkyrie. I love these werewolves not only cuz they talk so funny. That bluidy amused me. Gareth is so yummy and just droolworthy. Loved him.
And I think I mentioned more than once my love for the Valkyrie. These girls are just perfect. And I was so happy to see a bit more of Regin in this book. Hope to read hers soon. You haven't read this series? What are you waiting for?
  
10. Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent
I received this one from netgalley and it's another one I still have to write a review about. =/
I love this series and am so curious about how Ms. Vincent will solve this whole mess. I alway thought that the whole ruling system would be a hard thing to solve but now we also have a love triangle. Ohoh! I'm so curious about how she will solve this mess and I so hope she will not chose the wrong solution.
 
11. Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh

I really like Nalini's Psy/Changeling series but in my opinion this series is her absolute best. I adore the characters and the world she created is so creative and individual. I love the way she tells the story and OMG I completely adore Raphael. Hottest angel ever!! And the covers are so great. Couldn't stop reading this one and can't wait to get the next one.


 

And at last to show you how I felt last month:
 Hope you all have a great weekend!
P.S. My Julia Rachel Barrett giveaway is still running for the next 48 hours. Here's the link.

11 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy March 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

Very nice selection you have up there! And also some great reviews you did as well!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

A Buckeye Girl Reads March 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

That was a great list of reads! Good luck with the rest of your exams!

ColleenFL March 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

Wow. That's a lot of books to read while you are studying and taking exams. Looks like some good books. Good luck with the rest of the exams.

MrsMixx March 6, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

Your February readings sounds so great i'm just gonna close my eyes and pretend i haven't seen them ok? lol
I'm so behind on every series...*sigh* I'm not even starting on how behind i am on reviews.

Hey At least i can now read my ebooks on my Iphone YAY I made it happen lol

Anonymous,  March 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

I just finished Shift, it was so good. I hate that there's only one more book left in the series.

Julia Barrett March 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

Hang in there with the exams - I'm so happy you had time to read and review My Everything!

Marissa March 6, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

Great reads Susi, I loved Rose of Shanhasson as well, it took me quite a while to get that review on paper, I also wanted to make sure I did the book justice!

Good luck with the exams!

Donna March 7, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

Terrific month Susi! There are several on your list that I want to read soon also like Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, Archangel's Kiss, and Pleasure of a Dark Prince.

Wish you the best on your next two exams. :)

Mandi March 8, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Nice month!!! Pleasure of a Dark Prince was sooooo good :)

Smokinhotbooks March 8, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

I love Molly Harper's Jane Jameson series and Kresely Cole's Pleasure of a Dark Prince.

Alexia561 March 12, 2010 at 3:39 AM  

Amazed that you still managed to read so many cool books despite the stress February threw at you! And I love the kitty picture! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP