February 20, 2010

Review: Flirting With Fate by Lexy Ryan

Description:
Heat. Passion. Sex. Precog Stiletto Girl Josie Bovard sees little else when she touches the charming and handsome Tanner Wiley. But she needs his assistance in her investigation, not in her bed. After discovering that her dead mother’s journal contains encrypted messages involving DNA manipulation, geneticists, and threats to non-Specials, Josie is determined to carry out her mother’s plan, but to be successful, she needs Tanner's help.

Special Intelligence Agency operative Tanner Wiley knows Josie is withholding information about her latest investigation. He agrees to help her, intent on filling in the blanks himself. What he discovers is a decades-old Ascendant scheme for control, and Josie’s outrageous plan of self-sacrifice. But what will they do when the answers they seek threaten to destroy life as they know it?


Review:
This is the second book in the Stiletto Girl's series and I received this book as a review copy from the author.
Book 2 starts a few months after Stiletto's INC. We stumble right into a very uncomfortable situation of Jodie asking Tanner for his sperm. Hilarious situation I tell ya. As the first novel this one is quite funny and has some quite embarrassing moments for us to enjoy.

Josie had a hard childhood and suffered too many losses. Her ability of seeing the future sounds like fun but in my eyes it's a real curse. How can you stand to see bad things happening and not know what to do to prevent it? I can hardly imagine how that must feel but Ms. Ryan described it nicely and I really felt for Josie. Her attraction for Tanner is really obvious but for her there are a few things to ponder. Is she just attracted to him cuz she sees a hot and naughty future of them both getting close and personal? Does she want the things she sees? Is she attracted to him cuz she sees herself in his arms and can feel the attraction of her future self?
As you can see this is a highly complicated life she has there.

Tanner has one of the coolest abilities ever. He can make himself invisible and OMG think of the possibilities. So many things you could do. I already have a list of things in my mind I would do first...LOL
But back to Tanner. He had a really bad youth and still has commitment issues cuz of that. His family sucked and in my opinion he can be happy to be rid of them. He's also a rather alpha male type. That seems to be a pattern in Ms. Ryan's books. His character has quite some matching attributes to Darian, our hero of the first book, but he's also a bit different so I didn't really mind that.

The relationship between this two developed rather slow in comparison to book 1. I missed Paige's empath ability a bit cuz it made book way more steamier than this one. But we get this one scene on the beach when Tanner uses his gift and OMG that was hawt.

Again in this book the side characters are wonderfully developed and I have a few candidates for future books I would love to read. Paige's little sister was a bit annoying from time to time but after all she is a teen and that's exactly what those are for: getting on your nerves.

The main plot was gripping and the suspense was good too. I wanted to know how all this will work out so bad. I couldn't put this book down and now I so want to know how the story will go on. I'm officially hooked.


To learn more about Lexi Ryan and her books please visit her website here.

The Stilettos Girls Series:
1. Stilettos, INC.: my review, reviews @
goodreads, buy the ebook @amazon
2. Flirting with Fate: review @goodreads, buythe ebook @amazon

7 comments:

Blodeuedd February 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

This cover sure looks different, more chock-litish, I like :)

Leontine February 20, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

The abilities of Tanner instantly remind me of the movie; The Hollowman with kevin bacon. There is a wicked scene in that one too where he is completely invisible and *erm* plays around :)

Lexi Ryan February 21, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Susi--Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed FLIRTING WITH FATE and are looking forward to the next Stiletto Girl adventure! I so appreciate your time!

Cecile Smutty Hussy February 22, 2010 at 4:01 AM  

Hummmm... Great review!!! I will be looking forward to checking this book out!!! Hope all is well!

Marissa March 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

I love books like this! I want to read this one!

Marissa March 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marissa March 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP