March 21, 2010

Review: Moonlight Ménage by Stephanie Julian

Description:


For eight years, Etruscan witch Tira Belludi has longed to give herself, body and soul, to the two shifter men who hold her heart. But visions of death and fears for her sanity have forced her to keep her distance.
Nic Rocca and Duke Ducati are brothers in everything but blood and partners who have each other’s backs. They share a home, a job and had planned to share their life with Tira between them…until the night she saw their future and built a fortress around her heart.
Now danger and death stalk Nic and Duke. And Tira must make a choice—grab love while she has the chance or watch Nic die from afar and lose Duke forever.

Review:
I received this book as a review copy from the author and I was a bit shy to start it at first. I haven't read Kiss of Moonlight so I was afraid to be totally lost in this one but I was wrong. Okay from time to time I noticed that I missed out on something but I plan to get Kiss of Moonlight ASAP.

This book starts with a big bang. We are thrown in the middle of a burning house and with the fear of losing someone important. This part was the confusing part for me because I had no idea who all these people are but after the first chapter I was totally drawn into the story and just couldn't stop.

 



Tira is very complex character. She cares for the ones she loves but she also has to shield her heart from breaking. She knows nearly all her life that she loves Drake and Nic however unusual that may seem. She always accepted that and knew they would live their lives together. But one day she gets this awful vision while touching Nic and she just can't resume living this way. She accepts that the decision to leave them will probably break her but it's better than the alternative. Or that's what she thought before Nic nearly dies in the aforementioned fire. Now she sees how short life could be and she has to grab her opportunity of happiness however short it may be, now.

Drake is the silent broody type and he could never accept Tira's decision. He thinks she hates him because of what she saw in her vision so long ago and he just can't let it go. Every chance he gets he makes some asshole comment and always gets into a fight with her. He still wants her but he just can't stand this situation.

Nic is more outgoing than Drake. He's full of life and some would say he has a death wish with all the risks he takes each day. He's a real Don Juan and didn't waste any time in the eight years without Tira.

What I found real surprising that these relationship seemed so real to me. I'm mostly skeptical when it comes to long time threesomes. I always think that this kind of relationship could be really problematic from time to time. After all there is one person who can get hurt or feel out of the loop. But I could believe it works for these three.



The relationship development between these 3 was heartbreaking. I so felt for them and I was they find a solution through the whole time and I felt as desperate as they felt . The whole situation seemed to be unsolvable.


I also enjoyed the side characters. The whole story around the 3 was gripping and I loved the community Ms. Julian created. I especially liked that all seemed so tolerant and full of love. I'm always a sucker for a strong family and I always had to smile at all the Italian words. That was so like being in Italy. LOL

All in all the book is a really hawt read with good m/f/m action. You will so need extra undies for this one. *wink* At times the story felt a bit rushed and the solution at the end was way too easy for me but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

To learn more about Stephanie and her books please visit her website here.

The Lucani Lovers Series:
1. Kiss of Moonlight: reviews @
goodreads, buy @Ellora's Cave


2. Moonlight Ménage: reviews @goodreads, buy @Ellora's Cave


Steph will be here on Tuesday for an interview and she will also give a copy of Moonlight Ménage for one lucky commenter.

9 comments:

Blodeuedd March 21, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

Great to hear that the relationship worked, I do wonder about them too sometimes

Stephanie Julian March 22, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

Susi, I'm so glad you enjoyed Moonlight Menage! Thanks so much. And I'll be here Tuesday for questions if anyone has them. Thanks again.

Stephanie Julian March 22, 2010 at 12:58 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather (DarklyReading) March 22, 2010 at 1:01 AM  

This book definitely looks hawt! I'm glad to hear the emotional parts of the relationship worked - it's always an important part of a book for me. I liked your undies warning as well ;)

Cecile Smutty Hussy March 22, 2010 at 1:15 AM  

Great review honey! Thanks for the heads up on this book!

Danielle March 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

I've seen this one popping up one quite a few book blogs (for Menage month). I've got to get myself a piece of the action!
Great review!

SusiSunshine March 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

@Blodeuedd Me too. Not sure if I could live with too BFs...I'm mean really live like in one apartment all the time. One is definitely enough. LOL

@Stephanie My pleasure! Can't wait for Tuesday!

@Heather I wouldn't want to risk that you girls get in an uncomfortable undies situation. That would be bad of me! LOL

@Cecile Thanks hon!

@Danielle Oh yes you should. Thanks hon!

A Buckeye Girl Reads March 23, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

Your review makes me want to read this author right now!

MrsMixx March 23, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Hot Ménage? Nom nom nom I crave for a good ménage story. You know the kind where the 3 of them are in love and are equals. Nom nom nom. lol Sorry I'm still trying to think of something else than migraine ;)

Sounds like a good book, but I should maybe start with the first book in the series. I hate no reading in order lol ;)
Great review ma belle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP