September 8, 2010

Review: Size Matters by Stephanie Julian

Description:
Carrie Benton’s got the best job in the world working as a reporter for the Weekly News Journal. Chupacabra picnicking at the Jersey Shore? Check. Aliens in the White House? Absolutely. Bigfoot stalking the forests of northern Pennsylvania? Well, okay…but Bigfoot is so Left Coast.

Tim Sattizahn can’t believe his luck. The six-foot redhead who crashed into his forest during a snowstorm is gorgeous, funny and hot for him. Everything would be perfect except for the fact that she’s looking for Bigfoot.

And, unfortunately for Tim, she found him…

Review:
Wow...this book was something special. It took me completely by surprise. I knew I would like it like I did every other book written by Ms Julian but I wasn't prepared for this. You ask why? I finished a book yesterday at 12:30 AM and was a bit giddy and couldn't sleep. So I thought read a bit of this book before sleep and yes I did find sleep after I finished it. I couldn't stop. My eyes dropped close once or twice but I had to finish it.

I won't tell you anything about the story itself. It's a novella and I always feel like giving away too much if I tell anything. Carrie is an intelligent and independent woman. She works as a reporter for a magazine with lets say not much credibility. They bring news about things like alien abductions and Big Foot news. She doesn't see herself so much as a reporter in the common says but more as an actual writer. With her stories she gives the reader a way to escape the real world and just be entertained for a short while. She loves her job and no, she doesn't believe in all the crazy stuff she writes about. She has a temper and I loved every second of it. She is funny, witty and also very comfortable with herself. She likes herself and I think that's one of the reason I liked her ASAP too. 

We have on the other hand Tim. He's the mysterious guy living in the middle of nowhere. He has his own company and usually stays alone. He has some issues with himself (I can't tell you more about that though) and thinks he's too big and some other things. I have to say I highly disagree. OMG I love the big guys and yes I know that sounds dirty. But I mean that for real. With myself being really tall it's always good to see a guy being bigger. And seriously, who wants to have such a slim guy? Not me, only makes me feel fat. LOL So yes I really liked Tim and his being so gentlemanly all the time without being shy. He knows how to grab his chances even though he has some reservations. He is one lovely man. *dreams*

The sex in Size Matters is scorching. I rediscover every time I read one of Ms Julian's books that I completely adore how much compassion and eroticism she brings into her scenes. It's not only the sex, it's the way she sets the stage and makes everything work out- just fascinating and totally sexy. 

I can only say Size Matters is a fabulous read. Nice story, wonderful characters and sizzling hot romance. I couldn't put it down even though sleep called to me and I tell you sleep, in the original sense, wasn't what I wanted at all. ;)  


You can read more about Stephanie and her books at her website.

Read other Reviews @goodreads

Size Matters will be available at Ellora's Cave on September 8th. That's today!!!! Wooot!

And be sure to come back tomorrow. Stephanie will be here with a guestpost to celebrate her new release.

7 comments:

Marissa September 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

The title alone puts my imagination in overdrive...!

This sounds like a fun read Susi, I am going to check it out!

MrsMixx September 8, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

Oh I know how much you enjoyed this book. And like Marissa I find the title thoughts provocative. I also like the cover, this couple is HOT. Great review sweet =)

Blodeuedd September 8, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

lol, I love books like this one. Those you just can't stop reading

Stephanie Julian September 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Susi, I'm am thrilled that you enjoyed Tim and Carrie's story much!! Thank you for a wonderful review! I'm ODing on !!! Don't care.

SusiSunshine September 8, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

@Marissa I think you will love this one. A funny entertaining fast read...really good for the fast gratification.

@pattepoilue Yes the title fits completely. *wink*

@Blodeuedd Exactly, always the best kind.

@Stephanie It was totally my pleasure! =)

A Buckeye Girl Reads September 9, 2010 at 4:14 AM  

I love the cover of this book! The story just sounds really good, and I'm beginning to really love novellas.

SusiSunshine September 9, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

@Colette I totally agree. I never really liked novellas but I think you just have to find the good ones to see the beauty in them =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP