September 2, 2010

My August Reads

Another month over and I can't say where the days went. It didn't feel like 31 days at all. Got some reading done but not as much as I wished but I blogged more than I wanted, just not here, as it seems. But I'm in a reviewing mood at the moment so I will hopefully get some more done for this blog. We will see. Here is what I read in August:

1. No Greater Pleasure (An Order of Solace Novel #2) by Megan Hart



Again a heartbreaking story. I love her Order of Solace world even if it seems strange and foreign most of the time. I love that her heroines are so dedicated to their mission. The hero in this one was a real piece of work and he never really won my heart but I was fascinated by the story so it was okay.




2. Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2) by Nora Roberts

I love Nora Roberts. Her books are always so wonderful. They make me feel good and make me smile so much. It's the easy way the characters interact and how the whole lovestory works out. Wonderful. I loved the hero in this book. Just delicious.




3. Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet #3) by Nora Roberts

I expected much from this book cuz the heroine always was my favorite in the other books. I adore her witty anbd snarky comments but in this book she seemed a bit changed. I did miss that a bit but the story was again good and I can't wait for the the last book. I want to see Parker and that mechanic getting a HEA. That will be so much fun. *g*

 




4. The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker (Strangely Beautiful #1) by Leanna Renee Hieber (my review


This book totally rocked my world. I had a few reservations before starting but I loved this book to pieces. The characters are wonderful and Ms Hieber's writing is so unique and descriptive. Just amazing. I started book 2 this morning and I'm already hooked again.


I also made a dual review with the wonderful pattepoilue at Book Lovers Inc here.




5. Three Over Par by Cathryn Brunet (my review


This was one of the most emotional erotica I ever read. I love how the story was told, first our of the heroine's memories and later while she experienced it. It made me cry and was sexy as hell. I know I won't lose Ms Brunet from my radar. Highly recommended read.



6. Kiss of the Rose: The Tudor Vampire Chronicles by Kate Pearce (my review)

Wonderful mix of historical and paranormal romance. The world-building is nice and I really like the characters. It has a decent mystery and I loved whole the story unfolded one piece at a time. I know I can't wait to get my hands on book 2 next year.



7. Red Demon (Gods of Midnight #3) by Deidre Knight (my review

I waited so long for this and it made me rediscover why I love Ms Knights' writing so much. She knows how to capture a character- she makes them so real and give them depth. I love how she knits future storylines into the plot and I'm so impatient to read them all. It's like waiting for Xmas. LOL



8. Rampant by Saskia Walker (my review)

This book was a disappointment for me. I can't even say why I just didn't click with me. I hate to DNF a book but I just couldn't bring myself to read one more page. It was a struggle.




9. Mind Games (The Disillusionists Trilogy #1) by Carolyn Crane
I actually finished this one on September 1st but I'm cheating. I loved this book. It so deserves the title. It was just awesome: wonderful story, unbelievable freaky misfit characters, funny and full of WIN. Review to come.

 






What did you read in August? Anything I shouldn't miss?

18 comments:

Leontine September 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Wow, Susi, you had an awesome month and I see various titles I've got on the shelves, the books are patiently waiting for me but the reader in me wants to read them all NOW LOL

Your September months started with a bang, let's hope the mojo continues!!

SusiSunshine September 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

@Leontine Yes it did. I already read two books. We will see how long the mojo will stay. ;)

MrsMixx September 2, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

That was quite a big month when you think that you still had exams and all!!
Did i tell you already how much I like this post? I'm thinking about doing that too on mine =) It's pretty great. =)

((hugs))

SusiSunshine September 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

@pattepoilue Yep you are probably right and you definitely should. I would love to read your thoughts about all the books you've read. Please do. *nods frantically*
((hugs))

MrsMixx September 2, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

dildo dildo


LMAO I hope it doesn't bring you spam Bwahahahahaah

SusiSunshine September 2, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

OMFG you didn't! Should I come over to your place and A L E J A N D R O you again? *evil eye*

Michelle Greathouse September 2, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

I have those two Hieber books on my shelf - I really need to read them.

M

MrsMixx September 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

OMG No Susi...NO!! I promise you I'll stop lol I'll never do it again*cough*today*cough*
I'll be a good girl!!

*innocent look*

SusiSunshine September 2, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

@Michelle Oh yes you should. I struggled so long before starting them and I really regret that. They are made of awesome. Okay the first one is. Am on page 2 of the second one so I can't really say. LOL

@pattepoilue Works every time. LMAO

Audra September 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

There's clearly something wrong with me -- I've tried twice to read Strangely Beautiful... and I just couldn't get into it! Which makes me so sad because people I like like it and the premise seems so up my alley!

SusiSunshine September 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

@Audra I know the start is really slow but when you reach around page 100 it kicks up speed and totally makes up for it. I don't usually like the slow starters but I didn't mind in this case.

Mandi September 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM  

Oooh..I want to read Kiss of the Rose!!

And Mind Games..so gooooood!!!

Nice month :)

Janna September 3, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

You had some great reads, Susi!
Being in a reviewing mood sounds super. I hope it'll last a long time! :D

SusiSunshine September 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

@Mandi You should give Kiss of the Rose a try it is really good. And yes Minda Games is made of awesome. I'm writing the review at the moment and OMG I don't know where to start.

@Janna Thanks hon! And I hope so too. *crosses fingers*

Christine September 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Great reading list!

I love Nora's Bride Quartet, too and am very much looking forward to Parker & Malcomb's story, too!

Mind Games was a blast. I loved it as well.

I hope September is a good reading month for you. :)

SusiSunshine September 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

@Christine Ohhh yes. I think Malcomb completely knows how to handle Parker and we will see who gets the upper hand. I so can't wait.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) September 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

You've got some good reads there. I want to start the Order of Solace books (I've got #1 on my TBR).

Mind Games is one of my fave reads this year!

SusiSunshine September 9, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

@Patti I so can't wait for the next Order book and I completely agree about Mind Games.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP