December 4, 2009

My Geeky Desires - Clocks

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Today I wanna show you a few clocks I found while searching for Xmas pressies. The problem with me and clocks is that I hate these ticking thingies cuz they just won't let me sleep. This steady tick-tock makes me crazy. I'm always lying there and wait for the next tick or tock. Drives me insane. So I browsed around and found some cute things. Ok some also make the annoying sound but I love them nonetheless.



 

 

 




First one is a dream clock for every booklover: The book clock. I would so buy this  one if I had some space in my bookshelves. But the way it is at the moment I need every free space I can get for books. I found this one here. The price is really ok and would look so great in a bookshelf. 




  
The next one is really geeky and I always planned to buy this one for BF. The Binary Clock is more like art in my eyes and not easy to read if you don't speak binary. LOL


OK, I will explain it. Each vertical column stands for one number on a digital clock. The horizontal lines represent the binary values( from bottom to top: 1 2 4 8). You just have to add the illuminated values in each vertical line up to get the number. Take a look at the pic, I think it explains it really good. Found this clock on 1 of my favorite sites "Think Geek" here.


 

 



The third one is a bit like the binary clock but way easier to read. The Tix Clock is again divided in 4 separated fields. This time you just have to count the illuminated squares to get the digit. Found this one on Think Geek too. You can take a look here.





Oh I know this week is really geeky but what do you think?

13 comments:

MrsMixx December 4, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

LMAO i already had a hard time reading the time on a NORMAL clock i think i would always be late if i had a binary clock lol they are pretty funny though

See I LOVE the Tick-tock of a clock! I find it very relaxing...unless i can't sleep, then it only reminds me that i'm still freaking awake! lol
The book clock is so cool, i love the black one. Of course i have no room for such a clock but it's wicked.
lol i'm still trying to read the time on the Binary clocks

MrsMixx December 4, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

lol omg i'm slow but i finally get it.... wow it took me 10 minutes with the explanation, Binary clock is definitely not for me

SusiSunshine December 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

@pattepoilue LOL I love the binary one. When I finally, after so much thinking, understood how it works I now want one for myself. But how many clocks does one person need?LOL

brizmus December 4, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

MUST HAVE BINARY CLOCK!!!!
man it is RAD!

SusiSunshine December 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

@brizmus Happy to see I'm not the only crazy one! LOL

Blodeuedd December 4, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

..do not speak nerd, do not understand :(

But I looooved the bookclock!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) December 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

I liked the book clock but that last clock was bright and shiny = want!! Very cool!

Smokinhotbooks December 4, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Susi you know I'd pick the book clock!

Marissa December 4, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

I am getting so greedy because of all these geeky gadgets, last time I wanted a shiny blim blim USB stick, now I want a bookclock!!

Pearl December 5, 2009 at 2:56 AM  

Those binary clocks made my brain hurt but I think I figured them out, still I think the book clock wins hands down!! I definitely want one!

Donna December 6, 2009 at 4:11 AM  

I lurv the first binary clock. :) It good to exercise the brain. Studies have proven that when you do, you have a less chance of developing Dementia.

But I also like the book clock. Because it's books! I want both. Yep. Both. :)

Katie Mack December 9, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

I'm late voting on this one, but I think that binary clock rocks!

The book clock is cool, but it takes up too much space needed for actual books. ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP