November 1, 2010

My October Reads

First month of my internship and so far I'm keeping up- at least with the reading. I'm a bad blogger otherwise but you can't have everything and I'm trying my best. So here'S what I read in October:

1. Selfish is the Heart (An Order of Solace Novel #3) by Megan Hart (my review)

A bit different from the former Order of Solace novel but I loved it nonetheless. Again I noticed I have a soft spot for "professor's/teachers". Ms Hart's characters drew me in and I loved that this story was more about getting to know each other and trying to get behind each other defenses. Great book.


2. Undertow (Building Sanctuary #2) by Moira Rogers (my review)

The story of Undertow is adventurous, stormy, heartwarming and scorching at times. I love the dynamics of the character interactions- they did everything the way I would expect them to do it without being predictable. I already have some side characters I want to get their own books. These series is highly addictive- it has everything I want and more.  Make sure you don't miss this addition to a wonderful series.
  
3. Harvest Moon by Krista D. Ball (my review)

Something really different from what I read usually but Harvest Moon drew me in nonetheless. Ms Ball is an author I will keep my eyes open for. She has teh talent to draw you in even in such a short story. 


This is probably the best short story I ever read. Heartbreakingly good. Astonishing how much emotion and feeling Ms Hart can evoke in you even in this format. And she's probably the only author who succeeded in making me cry in the first chapter. I loved how this book was was actually a story told from the end and slowly reaching back in time. It feels like I can never say enough how much I loved this book. Highly recommended. Love it to pieces.

  
5. Touched by an Alien ( Katherine Kitty Katt #1) by Gini Koch (my review)

Such a funny and witty read. I laughed so much and loved every moment of it. Wonderful enthralling characters and a world you just NEED to visit. It has sexy aliens in Armani suits. Enough said. Touched by an Alien is a wonderful entertaining novel and I for my part can't wait to get my hands on Alien Tango.
And on another note: Dan Dos Santos is made of awesome.
 
6. The Kiss Test by Shannon McKelden (my review)

Unfortunately not really my cup of tea. I couldn't connect with the characters the way I would have liked to. The writing was good but you know how it is if you don't like the main protagonists. Perhaps I lost my love for these kind of novels.

 

7. Second Chances by Lauren Dane (Book No. 100 in 2010 woohooo!!!)(my review)

Another winner. Second Chances is gripping and again Ms Dane succeeded in creating a wonderful loving and familiar setting for her novel. She always puts so much care and love in creating her setting. A wonderful hot story but we also have a heartbreaking part- so prepare yourself for the tears.

8. Midnight Kiss by Robyn Carr, Victoria Dahl, Jean Brashear (my review)

A New Year's Eve themed anthology that introduced me to 2 new to me authors. The writing in this book is exceptional even though I have to say Ms Dahl is still my favorite of the three. But I'm sure I need to check out Ms Brashear's novels- she really caught my attention with her story. 

 
9. One Four All by Julia Rachel Barrett

OMG this one was hawt. As the name implies we have a Menage à Quatre in this one. We are thrown into a foreign world and discover it'S secrets while watching this rather hot relationship develop. I loved how Ms Barrett succeeded in making her characters so real and unique. For me it'S always like reading about real persons- their conversations and behavior is something I could imagine happening in real life too, beside the actual 4 lover part- I'm not sure that this would work out- but a nice fantasy nonetheless.



10. Moonlight Madness by Megan Hart

Perfect hot read for Halloween. I didn't have any idea what this story would actually be about before I started it and I was enthralled. I think I never before read an erotic horror story and OMG it was horror at the end. Really nice twist. You will never guess. Highly Recommended read.

  


How was your reading October?

8 comments:

Wings November 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

excellent reads hun!

i want to get into that moira rogers series so bad...i just never get around to it hehe.

good luck with the internship :D

Blodeuedd November 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

I do need to read Gini's book

Julia Barrett November 1, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

My dear sweet Susi - I had no idea you were reading my menage! LOL! Thanks for getting your feet wet - my first attempt...
You got mega-reading in this month!

SusiSunshine November 2, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

@Wings Ohhh you should give it a try. Absolute reading slump killer, I swear. =)

@Blodeuedd Yes you do. I can't believe I waited so long to read it.

@Julia Yes I can be sneaky. Will write the full review this week. And I would have never guessed that it was your first if you wouldn't have told me before.

Okay I need more coffee...I confused myself with the last sentence. LOL

Anonymous,  November 2, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

I love your honest but caring reviews. Touched By An Alien is still my favorite this year and now I have more for my TBR list. Thanks!!

SusiSunshine November 3, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

@amberscottproject Thank you and I agree: it's a great book.

Christine November 5, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Hey Susi!
I love Megan Hart's work.. I'll have to download Moonlight Madness so I can see for myself how she pulls that mix of genres up in one short story. If anyone can successfully combine romance, sex and horror it'll be Ms. Hart!

Everyone loves Gini Koch's Alien book. I've gotta check that one out!

SusiSunshine November 8, 2010 at 6:35 AM  

@Christine Hey sweety. Ohhh you have to, it'S worth every cent. And oh yes you should buy the Alien book. Really entertaining.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP