May 2, 2010

My April Reads

Okay another busy month but it seems I got way more reading done than I thought. Was really surprising to find out it were 12 books? Where did I find the time for that? I have no idea but it was a good month. I love it when I finally get a new book for a series I love and I had some of those in April. Here is what I read: 

1. Darkfever  (Fever #1) by Karen Marie Moning

  
I was kind of disappointed in this book. Not cuz it was bad or anything more cuz so many ppl raved about that series and it was just okay for me. I expected a blast and I only got a good book. Will read the rest of the series for sure tho.


2. Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson #5) by Patricia Briggs
 
Wow, I adored this one. Loved to read more about Adam in this book and I enjoy every word. Wonderful book and the best so far  in this series.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


3. Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid #5) by Richelle Mead
 
Another book I loved. I adore this series and the book is heart-wrenching, in a good way. Great story with lovely characters. I so want the next book ASAP. (my full review)


4. and Falling, Fly by Skyler White

I will review this one when I'm sure what to say about it. I got a quote from the book that shows who it feels reading this one:

"Some may master their own, but few can resist the taste of another's desire. We're all part vampire in the end."


5. Sweet Temptation (Sweet #4) by Maya Banks

 



I waited so long for Micah's book and I just can say WOW. It was what I expected and so much more. It is really intense and has so mighty hot scenes. Really liked the book.


6. Carson's Night by Teal Ceagh 


 
A nice short paranormal romance- fast paced story and a hawt couple. The story was a bit rushed for my taste but it has definitely potential.(my full  review)


7. Shades of Gray (The Icarus Project #2) by Jackie Kessler & Caitlin Kittredge

I really loved this book. I love the world of superheroes and supervillians. A touching read that brings light to the past of Jet and Iridium. Review to come.


8. Cheat the Grave

(Sign of the Zodiac #5) by Vicki Pettersson
 
I always thought the Sign of Zodiac series was rather dark but this book was even darker. But I liked it nonetheless. Touching story and finally a few more answers to the mysteries we encountered in the past books. Review to come.


9. Diana by the Moon by Tracy Cooper Posey

 
For a change a historical romance. This one has a rough topic but it was handled great. I enjoyed reading it and I think I could really get used to reading this genre. (my full review)


10. Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood #8) by J.R. Ward

I loved it. It really showed me again why I love this series. I loved John, Xhex and OMG Qhuay. Great book with great characters. Can't wait for the next one.


11. Heart of Darkness (incl. LotU #4.5) by Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne, Susan Krinard

I only read the Gena Showlater story: The Darkest Angel
I loved it. Bianka is hilarious and I always like an hot angel. Funny and steamy read. Highly recommended.


12. Naked by Megan Hart


You might have noticed that I adore Megan Hart's books and this one was something special for me. It's finally Alex (from Tempted) story and I loved it to pieces. I'm already thinking about a re-read. I loved Alex, no surprise here and I adored Olivia. And the cover is awesome. I so can't wait to get a real paperback copy into my hands cuz the cover is just gorgeous. They don't look like I would picture Alex and Olivia but it's pretty nonetheless. I will so rave…ahem…review this book.

 


That was my reading month. Did you discover any treasures last month?

8 comments:

Sarah May 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Looks like you read some great books this month. I just found the first 3 Mercy Thompson books at the library & am looking forward to starting the series. I also love the BDB so can't wait to read Lover Mine!

Hope you have a great May :o)

ColleenFL May 3, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

It looks like you did plenty of reading last month! I hope you have plenty of great reads in May too.

Smokinhotbooks May 3, 2010 at 4:52 AM  

Susi stick with the Fever series they get better trust me. The tension between Mac and Barrons gets better. I felt the same way reading the first Ilona Andrews Magic series. So glad I stuck with it.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) May 3, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

Looks like you had a great month! Agree with SHB - stick with the Fever series, it gets better.

SusiSunshine May 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

@Sarah You will love the Mercy books. They are totally addicting.

@Colleen I hope so too and I hope you have some great reads too.

@KC I will. Some ppl already told me that they are getting better. There must be a reason why everyone is so thrilled by these books and I'm ready to discover why.

@Patti I will hon!

Alexia561 May 6, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

Nice month! Lots of books read, and by some great authors as well! Love Richelle Mead and Patricia Briggs, and think I might need to give Karen Marie Moning another chance. Happy reading!

Marissa May 15, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Wow great list Susi, april was a very bad reading month for me, only one book but you have some great reads on this list!

SusiSunshine May 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

@Alexia I think I will give KMM another chance too. There must be something that makes all the girls go crazy about those books. LOL

@Marissa I hope May gets better for you hon! ((hugs))

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP