April 1, 2010

My March Reads

March was a fantastic reading months for me. Unfortunately not so good for writing review but I can always try to catch up. LOL As if that ever worked but I can at least tell myself I will.
This month I will try to restrain myself to a 140 character summary of each book. We will see how that works out.
Here's what I read:

1. Taking Care of Business by Megan Hart & Lauren Dane

I love these 2 authors and I enjoyed this book. I liked Kate's story best and Dixon is 1 of my BBFs now. I'm not usually a big fan of dirty talk but OMG this was fantastic. Great read to relax from exams.Hot!
2. No Reservations by Megan Hart & Lauren Dane

This one was even hotter than the first one. I enjoyed the girls together and I REALLY enjoyed them together with the boys. *wink*  A bit short but I can forgive that!
3. Death's Mistress (Dorina Basarab, #2) by Karen Chance


This one was a bit disappointing. Not enough Louis-Cesare for my taste. But the story was action packed and a thrilling ride from start to end!
4. Original Sin (The Seven Deadly Sins, #1) by Allison Brennan

 
This was no book for me. I took me forever to read! The story started really slow but the last 100 pages were okay. Didn't feel for the characters! Sometimes that just happens!

5. Tempted by Megan Hart (re-read)



I re-read this one cuz Naked (Alex's book) will be out this summer. I lurve this book ! he characters are real and I just couldn't put it down! Hot comfort read!
6. Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers, #1) by Joely Sue Burkhart

I totally adore this book. Great characters, great poetry and heartfelt letters. I will write a full review for this one this weekend! Ohh, and I wrote a dual review with pattepoilue about it over @BookLoversINC
7. Moonlight Ménage (Lucani Lovers, #2) by Stephanie Julian

Great ménage book with a believable relationship and great researched background. A fast read that will leave you hot and in grace need of a cold shower! You can read my full review here.
8. Flash of Dark (Rebirth #1) by Sara Brookes

 
This book was a mix of paranormal urban fantasy with a hero that reminded me of Roarke. Fast paced read with a lot of action and internal struggle. Will write a full review soon.

9. Beauty and the Feast by Julia Rachel Barrett


This was one will make you hungry, and yes I'm the durty and the literal one. I devoured the pages in this one but perhaps it was a bit to much about eating for me. ;)
10. Colters' Woman by Maya Bank


This one was really not my cup of tea. Too fast in the relationship development and too slow in the story part. We have the perfect virgin again and I just couldn't enjoy it. I have a giveaway for this one here with my full review.
11. The Devil's Playground (Morgan Kingsley #5) by Jenna Black

 
This is the last book in the Morgan Kingsley series and that fact alone makes me so sad. I love this series! The book was fast paced again but in my opinion it definitely needs more durty demon action. Full review to come next week!
  
Okay I cheated a bit with 140 characters but this way I'm way faster with writing this post!

Hope you all had a great reading month too!

13 comments:

Leontine April 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

You definitely had a good reading month Susi and the 140+ summary of each book, brilliant! It's a quick impression but you get so much more done this way! Here's to an even better April month :D

SusiSunshine April 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

@Leontine Yep I think that idea was great! Makes this post more fun for me too!

Cecile Smutty Hussy April 1, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Wow girl that is some list you have there. And I am so glad to see that you loved the first two books. I have those on my TBB list and I have been dying to get them!
I agree with Leontine... 140+ and you got your point across ~ very nicely done!
And yes... here is to a better April!

Janna April 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Nice month with great books! And I really like your 140 characters summary too. It's brilliant :)
I might give it a try in my March wrap-up post too ;) (if only I wouldn't be so long-winded, lol).

Smokinhotbooks April 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

I loved Dear Sir I'm yours, the spanking on the desk *swoon*.

ColleenFL April 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

I have Death's Mistress and The Devil's Playground on my TBR list. I'm looking forward to your review of The Devil's Playground.

MrsMixx April 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Ohh that's a good compromise Susi! 140 characters is not even easy to achieve!
I am tempted by Tempted! And really...that cover is just Art! Gorgeous!

I haven't started Death's Mistress...lol i guess i'll wait some more ;)
Have you seen that there's a free Short Story from Pritkin's POV on Karen Chance website? =) I love Pritkin. *g*

The Queen B April 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM  

Good month and I loved your summaries. We can all learn from Twitter, right? :P

Mandi April 2, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

You had some steamy reads this month!! I'm reading Beauty and the Feast soon :)

Heather (DarklyReading) April 2, 2010 at 5:07 AM  

You had lots of great reads this month! I need to read some Megan Hart - they look hot! And really for the Dory books could there ever be enough Louis-Cesare ;) I thought the ending held alot of promise for the next book ;)

SusiSunshine April 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

@Cecile You should ask Pearl about those. LOL She has a thing for Dix too I think.

@Janna The twitter style makes it very faster and I thought that it should be fun and sometimes we need a change to make it fun again. Does that make sense??

@Smokinhotbooks Conn is so wonderful!Love him!

@Colleen Thanks hon!

@The Queen B Oh yes, so true hon.

@Mandi Ohh great. Hope you will like that one. I'm working on the review but there a few not so good things in it. Can't wait to hear what you think.

@Heather Megan Hart's books are so more than just hot. I adore them. They always have such a emotional depth. Reading those is an experience. And yes I hope we get much more Louis-Cesare in the next one. Finally!

Janna April 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Does that make sense??

Perfectly! :) I like it! And I'll definitely give it a try one day (at least I can keep trying, lol)!

Donna April 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

You a very diverse reading month! I want to read the Morgan Kingsley series myself too. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP