April 4, 2011

My March Reads

Another month and some new authors discovered. I have to say this don't review so much routine is a really reading mojo savior for me. I discovered some great new authors this months. So here is what I read:


Dirty
Desire Unchained
Enemy Within
Alien in the Family
Lady Doctor Wyre: Jane Austen Space Opera, Book 1
Gabriel's Ghost
Taken
Grave Witch
Tithed
Friendly Fire
Crash Into Me
Set the Dark on Fire
Newly Fallen
Out of the Blue
1. Dirty by Megan Hart - 5 cubes
Pleasure re-read. It always surprises me again how much I love this book. Perfect. the characterisation is awesome and the plot is captivating. And to my shock I discovered that I never reviewed this book. Will actually do that now.

2. Friendly Fire by Megan Hart (my review) - 4 cubes
Friendly Fire is funny, sexy and very emotional. It will show you about how deep and thoughtful a short story can be. Another keeper by Ms Hart- we all have to thank Carina Press for re-releasing this one. Highly recommended read for the short entertainment- it will leave you smiling and happy.

3. Taken by Lilith Saintcrow - 3 cubes
This one was not what I expected it to be. It dragged a bit and it wasn't as kick-ass I thought it would be. It felt a bit too whiney and even though I expected that it didn't have enough to balance it out. In the Dante Valentine books Dante was a bit like this too from time to time but she was also strong and fought and wasn't that weak. And this book was smut free- that kind of surprised me. *shrug* Should probably pick up the Jill Kismet books when I feel like reading a Saintcrow again.

4. Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard - 4 cubes
Wow- just wow. This one was really good. Good developed science fiction world with really nice romance. The characters were engaging and the plot had some really good points that will make you think. I loved how everything fit together and I'm eagerly awaiting book 2.

5. Crash Into Me by Jill Sorenson (my review) - 5 cubes
I loved this book- it had everything I love about books and so much more. I had high expectations and this book didn't disappoint at all- it exceeded everything I could have imagined before I started it.  LOVED it! If you haven't read this author I urge you to give her a try-I was blown away and I hope you will be too. 

6. Set the Dark on Fire by Jill Sorenson - 4 stars
Again I'm so happy I discovered this author. Her writing is something really unique. Her characterization is really awesome and done with so much love for detail. I love how she actually includes to love-stories and how both are so different from each other. I already order her 2 new releases. *g* Can't wait to get my next fix.

7. Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3) by Gini Koch (my review)
This one is full of funny action, romance, emotion and so much more. It will make you squee and perhaps even wet your eyes at times. I loved every second of it. It's a thrilling ride you won't forget. So to sum it all up: Alien in the Family will rock your socks of. And OMG the poofs are made of awesomesauce!

8. Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price - 4 cubes
I admit I bought this book because of the great cover and I love stories about witches. The story and world were really unique and greatly realized. I loved Alex and OMG Death is made of yum- and yes I realize that this sounds so many kinds of wrong. Can't wait to get the next book.

9. Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione - 3 1/2 cubes
It was not as good as book 1 and it just didn't grab me completely. I really liked Shade but sometimes I wanted to strangle him. I'm sure I will read the rest of the Demonica novels though. I think I might just be a bit PNR burned out. *sad face*

10. Lady Doctor Wyre: Jane Austen Space Opera by Joely Sue Burkhart (my review) - 4 cubes
Lady Doctor Wyre really fascinated me. An inventive setting with an enthralling adventure plot. The mix of historical, steampunk and science fiction is masterly woven together and the detailed view you get in the novel will leave you breathless. I say bring me more Lady Burkhart!


11. Newly Fallen by Megan Hart- 4 cubes
This one was really nice. A quick entertaining read. Who wouldn't wish for a sexy guy falling naked in your backyard? Very cute and sexy- it'S made to be read for the short entertainment in between.

12. Tithed by Megan Hart
The magical Dirty so to say. It actually revolvels around the same issues as Dirty but adds a paranormal twist. I really enjoyed it even though it sometimes gave me a really weird sense of deja vu.

13. Gabriel's Ghost (Dock Five Universe, #1) by Linnea Sinclair - 3 cubes
This one rather disappointed me. Everyone always told me to read Ms Sinclair's book because as a scifi lover I just have to and this one really just dragged along. The middle couldn't hold my attention at all and I read 2 other novels before I finished this one. In the end it really picked up and I was sitting at the edge of my seat but there still was something missing. Will try to get some more recs and perhaps try one of her better ones.

14. Out of the Blue by Annemarie Hartnett (my review) - 4 1/2 cubes
This book is made of win. A story full of love and emotion with the right amount of witty humor and sexy scenes thrown in. I loved the characters and their easy banter. A book made for my keeper shelf. Highly recommended read!

That was my month? How was yours?

3 comments:

Jackie April 4, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

Holy smokes! I read about a quarter of that amount :-( I have been getting less review books myself to try to catch up on all the "bought" books I've had for ages too. Still way behind on both though...

And, ah, that Black Jack...makes me giggle :-D

SusiSunshine April 4, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

@Jackie That was my free month. Now it's back to the usual rhythm though I have to admit that my plan for 2011 is to read 14 books each month. Not sure if I can make it. ;)

Unknown April 5, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Wow! Very impressive month Susi, congrats! :-D And glad you enjoyed so many of them :-) Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP