October 1, 2009

My September Reads

September was really good in the reading department although I worked so much. The happy reading time will now be over for me because semester starts next week again *yay* :-(
I hope to find enough time to write a review from time to time. But back to the books of September:



1. Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs


This book was so emotional and gripping from the start. I just couldn’t stop reading- a real page-turner. The writing is great and I can’t wait to get the next one.






2. Demon Inside (Megan Chase, #2) by Stacia Kane
Scorching hot demons, right amount of zombies in the mix with witty comments and a little romance. Great writing with a very emotional story. My full review is here.






3.
Laid Bare by Lauren Dane
Sexy romance with emotional depth and lovabale characters. One of the best books I read this year if not the best. An absolute must read!!!!
Read my full review here.





4. Sweet Surrender (Sweet Series, #1) by Maya Banks
I’m glad I read this book and enjoyed it. The suspense is good and the scenes between the sheets are very hawt.

Read my full review here.





5. Start Me Up (Tumble Creek,#2) by Victoria Dahl
Funny, witty and sexy as hell. A great heroine and a adorable beta-hero. Great book in this wonderful series. Can’t wait to get the next one.
Read my full review here.






6. Sweet Persuasion (Sweet Series, #2) by Maya Banks
A submissive woman and sexy dominant sexclub owner make this book really hot and will bind you to the pages. A little to much for my taste at some times but very *ähm* entertaining.
Read my full review here.




7. Sweet Seduction (Sweet Series, #3) by Maya Banks
The best in this series so far. Witty, sometimes a bit annoying woman targets a cute and sexy man. Great subplot and wonderful side characters.
Read my full review here.





8. Hard and Fast (Fast Track,#2) by Erin McCarthy
First thing: take a look at this wonderful cover. I want to hold this book and just stroke the cover. The story is funny, sexy and very addicting. I love this series and can’t wait for the next one. Have to write a full review for this one.




9. Deeper by Megan Hart
As nearly every book from Megan Hart this one made me cry. I just couldn’t seem to stop. Bf thought something horrible happened. Deeper is obviously very emotional and heartbreaking. I loved the flow of the words and the pace of the story. Just perfect.



10. Survive My Fire by Joely Sue Burkhart
The beginning of this book confused me a bit. It throws you head first in a new world and I felt a little drowned but after I made myself at home in the world the story gripped me and I had to force my eyes to stay open so I could finish it. I definitely have to get the other books in this series/world.




11. Doomsday Can Wait (Phoenix Chronicles, #2) by Lori Handeland
As funny as the first one(I so love all the movie innuendoes) but with so much more charm this book is the best so far in this series. The characters are vivid and the story full of revelations. Great read!





12. Fade to Black (Black CAT’s, #1) by Leslie Parrish
Sexy suspense at it’s best!


Full review will follow soon.








So that was my month! Hope yours was good too!

13 comments:

Unknown October 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

You had a great month for reading! All the books sound really great. I have Hunting Ground and Demon Inside on my review pile, really looking forward to reading them as they are new authors to me. Hope you get some reading done in October :)

MrsMixx October 1, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

What a great selection of books for September. I know how hard it is to read when life (as in freaking work or school) gets in the way. Come ON, if you take my reading away i'm going to crumble to pieces, i need my reading time to get away!!!

You got me really looking forward the Sweet series by Maya Banks, and i really want to try the Tumble Creek ones too.
I'll also be looking for your Hard and Fast review. The cover is damn HOT, i don't even know what it is about but i sure want to know more =)

KT Grant October 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Nice variety of books. I have to read Hunting Games soon!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) October 2, 2009 at 2:10 AM  

What a great selection of boooks - I've added most of them to my TBR!

Donna October 2, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

You had a variety of books this month and it looks like all good reads at that. I need to check out Lori Handeland.

Smokinhotbooks October 3, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

I'm glad you wrote out your summary b/c I missed a few *for shame* The Doomsday book by Lori Handeland looks great, totally caught my eye. BTW I can't get over how many bks you read AND reviewed!

TTFN

SusiSunshine October 3, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

@Book Chick City You never read Patricia Briggs. You should really start. She's a wonderful author and I adore her Mercy Books too. Ditto for Stacia Kane.

@pattepoilue Hope you enjoy both series and when someone steels my reading time this person is in in great trouble.

@KB Oh you should. It's a real nice book and I love Charles.

@Patti Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

@Donna I prefer the Phoenix Chronicles. Her werewolf/moon books were good in the beginning but the last ones felt all the same.

@Smokinhotbooks Ok I read much in this month but reviews? I always feel like the only one who reads 6 books and write NOT one review. But I'm weak and can't bring myself to do it sometimes and then I don't write one cuz it should still be fun and not another job. ;-) Ok, I take it back it were many reviews for September. Didn't even notice that...LOL

Maija October 5, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

Hi!
My month was really good - almost 20 books.
Thanks for asking me as your friend at Goodreads. I have a book blog (it can be found through my Google account) but most of it is in Finnish.

SusiSunshine October 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Wow, twenty books. Now I'm jealous. Will take a look at your site but I have to admit my knowledge in Finnish is like Zero.

Marissa October 6, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

WoW! Great reads Susi!

September was reall a bad month for me, been on an emotional rollercoaster, I normally only read 4 - 5 books a month. I wish I had more time but... But so far October is going great! Read 4 books already, so I am happy!

SusiSunshine October 6, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

I hope October stays as good as it started...Four books already? Wow, I just read 2 so far and I think I won't read as much as last month. :-(

Just Jenn September 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Hunting Ground is such an amazing book. I love the Alpha & Omega series as well as the the Mercy Thompson books my Patricia Briggs. You should check out that series as well if you have not already.

SusiSunshine September 26, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

@Just Jenn I love her Mercy series and devour all of her books. A wonderful author. Very addicting writing! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP