February 4, 2011

My January Reads

January was my pleasure reads month. I made myself free from nearly all review obligations and did that what I like the most- just read. I really needed this to just do the reading for myself. No pressure to come up with a review about how I felt while doing this. It was nice but now I'm back and will pester you with my thoughts on the books I read again. =P Here's what I read in January:

1. Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews
No idea why I waited so long to start this one. I loved it too pieces. William is made of awesome and conquered my heart right at the start. He felt a bit different from book 1 but that's what you have to expect when you change POV. Great writing, couldn't put it down!

2 Alien Tango (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #2) by Gini Koch
Wow, wow, wow. I think this series is getting better and better. I loved this story so much! Martini made my heart melt. The pace is awesoem and you won't have time to relax for a sec. It's an exiting, witty and funny rollercoaster ride. Gini Koch is now one of my must read authors. Highly recommended!

3. Magic at the Gate (Allie Beckstrom, #5) by Devon Monk
I was a bit scared to start this book because of the ending of book 4. I was afraid we wouldn't get as much Zay as in the previous books and sadly I was right but still I liked it. It's probably not my favorite cuz the over all mood was rather dark and I missed a bit of the fun and wit of the earlier novels but we needed this book to happen. Can't wait to see how it goes on.

4. Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent
I knew before I started this book that I wouldn't like the end. Not because I thought that she would choose wrong, more cuz of I thought I would like neither of the 2 possibilities. I'm too compassionate for this. Still the book was good but I think the resolution at the end was too easy. You know 6 books of struggle and then it goes down that smoothly. But well still a good series.
 
5. Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5) by Gena Showalter
It seems I forgot how much I love this series. Gena's humor is made of awesomesauce and this book is no expception. Her characters jump of the pages and the banter between Ava and McKell was priceless. Made me snort out loud more than once. This is absolute my favorite of her series. Can't wait for the next one.

6. The Challenge by Megan Hart
*big smile* You all know how much I love Megan's books and yes I loved this one too. It's short and still brings us a complex story that makes you think. And yes it's hot too though. I always love when she goes the unusual route with a lovestory. I can actually hear Caroline groaning when she reads this but I don't care- I still love it.

7. Layover by Megan Hart
This one was hot and even though it has one aspect I usually don't enjoy that much in erotica it worked for me. Ms Hart has the ability to drag me out of my comfort zone without me caring that she did. A nice story about being who you are and finally stop worrying about what the rest of the world thinks about you and what you like.

8. Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet #4) by Nora Roberts
One thing I noticed while reading this series is that my expectations seemed to rise with every book and unfortunately the books didn't catch up. I really like Parker, she's probably more like me than I want to admit and I liked how she finally let go a bit. But I thought that Mal had it kind of too easy. Not only with Parker but also with the rest of the group and yes when you ask me it's weird that all 4 find their big love in a year and want to get married. Puuuhleaaaase! Yes I know it's a NR but still.
 
9. SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) by Jill Monroe
I haven't read one of Jill's books in ages and when I found this one on bargain at amazon.de I just couldn't resist. Her humor is great (and yes I see the pattern in this post too- anyone guessed I like funny book?). She always made me laugh and she knows how to write sexy. This is a nice contemporary story and  I enjoyed every minute of reading it. Even though the heroine was a bit agitating at times.

10. Death's Sweet Embrace (A Dark Brethren Novel, #2) by Tracey O'Hara
This book was not what I expected but that doesn't have to be bad. I thought this book would be about Christian and Antoinette again but it wasn't. We meet some new characters and follow them on their journey. I really loved the hero Raven but the heroine Kitt wasn't for me. Still a wonderful worldbuilding and I'm so curious what will come next.

11. Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh
When I think of Archangel's Consort I'm immediately happy. This is one of those books that makes you swim in HEA and love. I adore Raphael with all my heart and I could start swooning just thinking about him. It's hard to explain why these books are that good. They are full of emotion- really centered around them and you just can't close yourself down from that. They make you feel so much and still have so much happening in them- intriguing plot, awesome characters and a lovestory to die for. I can't recommend these books enough. There's a reason I let everything else fall down as soon as I get one of these books. But yes I admit I'm sad that the next book won't be about Raphael and Elena again. But Dmitri promisses  to be interesting too. *g*


So yes it was a great month! Awesome books!
How was your reading January?

5 comments:

MrsMixx February 4, 2011 at 5:18 PM  

I can't believe Bayou Moon is only 4 stars for you!!! lol I loooooooooove William. He's just sooo soooo ...*happy sigh*

That was a good reading month for you *g* I keep ogling the Gena Showalter series..it's on my 'one-day' list. lol

Julia Barrett February 4, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Wow, you were busy! I'm so impressed.

Alexia561 February 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

Looks like January was a great month for you! I think I liked Parker and Mac the best in the Brides series. And while I agree that Mal had it a little easy, if IS a Nora Roberts book, so I sort of expected it. Hope February is another great month for you!

Julia Barrett February 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

Hey Susi - see if you can find a copy of Replay, by Ken Grimwood - I'm loving it!!!

Anonymous,  February 8, 2011 at 5:46 AM  

I adore the Gini Koch Alien series!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP