January 5, 2011

My December Reads

I know I'm a bit late but I couldn't find the energy to make this list and because I have a bit of free time this week I thought total relaxation would be a great plan. In other news my birthday is next week and I already can't wait. *g* My sis told me she bought books so yay!!!

But here it finally is, my last reads of 2010:

1. Naughty and Nice by Jaci Burton, Shannon Stacey, Megan Hart, Lauren Dane (my review)

An anthology that finally brought me the missing christmas mood. I was so happy that Ms Stacey had a story in this one. I love her story and her writing was wonderful. Can't wait to find more. A very entertaining collection- I love Carina Press more and more with every read.

2. Hardware by Sara Brookes (my review)
Story about a geeky girl with a coffee addcition. Yes I was in heaven! Even more when the hunky barista guy showed up and started the kink times. I could have done without all the talk though. *gasp* that out of a woman's mouth- I'm shocked too.

3. The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
Wow and WOW. WTH did I wait so long? This is such a wonderful and entertaining book. I loved it to pices. Adevnture, mystery, action, suspense and a wonderful romance. I'm really fascinated by this whole steampunk thing- it's liek ebing geeky with steam and yes I discussed if those gadgets could work with BF. So much love for this book! Can't wait for the next one.


4. Head over Heels by Annemarie Hartnett (my review)
I'm so happy I had the chance to read this one. It's fun and wit in superlative. Ms Hartnett's humor is right up my alley and her characters feel like actual real persons. I love how she always has some toy in the mix *wink* An author I will keep both eyes open for.

5. A Peyton Family Christmas (Southern Arcana #2.5)by Moira Rogers
I read this after Deadlock and I lurved this one. It's set between Crosscroads and Dealock and shows us all the charcters we started to love so much. I loved to see more about her. It's a free story at their website so if you would liek to read it go here.

6. Trust Me (Lassiter Group, #1) by Sydney Somers
After reading so many good things about this author I just couldn't resist the chance to read this one. And even though I'mnot a romantic suspense lover I adored this one. Captivating and a real pageturner. Review to come this week.

7. Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh
To wolves are our couple of interest in this one and yes I really liked it. All the growling can be fun. The romance was so cute, even though I wanted to slap Indigo more than once. The overall plot thickens more and more and OMG I can't wait for Hawke's book. That one will be a total win and I'm actually counting the days to get, even though it will be hardcover. *grumbles*

8. Immortal Champion (Immortal Brotherhood, #3) by Lisa Hendrix (my review)
Something out of comfort zone but I fell in love with Ms Hendrix' Viking heroes. You can feel how much time was spent on research and I loved how much detail and love shown through the story. I had some ruffles with some parts but I think that's jsut me. I know many reviewers who loved this one even more than me.


9. Sensual Stranger by Tina Donahue DNF
I actually really looked forward to reading this one but gasp it was to much for me. I couldn't connect to the characters and didn't really get were all the sexual attraction came from. For me the way teh story started was too easy and I was shaking my head most of teh time. Perhaps I was just not in the mood for a sexy read. Will give it another try in the future, when I feel more in a smexy mood.


How was your reading December?

3 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) January 6, 2011 at 4:22 AM  

LOL, I didn't get my Dec post up until today either :)

You have an ecclectic collection of books you read this month - I'm interested in Naughty & Nice even though I don't normally read holiday stories.

Mandi January 6, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

Nice! I need to read the Peyton xmas story!

Kristin January 8, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

New follower-love your blog!

Stop by and say hi if you get a chance!

Have a great weekend-
Kristin@ MyBookishWays

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP