January 22, 2011

Books, books, books and Blogoversary

Long time no see. I know. It seems I have again lost a bit of my blogging mojo. And also my reviewing mojo so I actually don't have anything to post about but my blog looks so empty so I though I will tell you about the books I got for Christmas and my bday. *g* We all love to look at books so that could be fun. I'm in book heaven at the moment and even better all these aren't for review and I can just enjoy them and perhaps, if I feel like it write a review. It'S so nice to not have pressure on you. And I love that! See I'm getting review rebellious. LOL

So here's what I got for Xmas:

Than we have the books I bought with my Xmas money(all pre-oroders so I won't forget to get them *g*):
I'm so giddy about these. Look at how pretty they am. I so can't wait for them to arrive already.

For my bday I actually only got 3 books but a bunch of book money so I bought the rest myself.


So the next were impulsive. I just wanted Taken by Lilith Saintcrow and discovered they all were on bargain on amazon.de so I bought some more. I'm especially excited about the ones by Michelle Rowen and Jill Monroe. *g*


And I got 2 ebooks:


O_O Now that I see it like this I admit I might have gone a bit crazy. Okay hides her credit card in a special place. Okay now I just have to find the time to read them all. Okay perhaps I already read 7 of them. So you see I'm trying. *g*

On other news Book Lovers Inc (you can find a list of all post in the sidebar with a link to the posts that are already up) turned one and we have a huge celebration going. We gave the reins to the author's and they are allowed to do their worst. And there are a tons of giveaways going on. Here's a short sneak peak at who we will have over:


Suzanne McLeod

Carolyn Crane 

Moira Rogers 

Dakota Cassidy
Susanna Yves

Devyn Quinn


Linda Robertson

Inez Kelley

Chloe Neill

Delilah Marvelle

Megan Hart

Joely Sue Burkhart

Gini Koch


Kate Pearce


Kelly Meding


Monica Burns


Teresa D'Amario

Cynthia Eden

Nancy Holzner

Sara Brookes

Stacia Kane

Julia Barrett

Kieran Kramer


JF Lewis

Lila DiPasqua


Lauren Hammond

 

 

There's also a huge giveaway with a enormous amount of prizes. If you want to celebrate come over and check it out. You won't regret it. And I swear no burning hoops you have to jump through. ;)



So all those books and the big party kept me busy but I swear I will be back soon. *g*


 

 

 

 

 


How are you? What did I miss? Any books I should get (and no, not interested in Shadowfever)?

13 comments:

MrsMixx January 22, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

OH....MY...Godrik
SO many books! See? you always thought I was crazy when I had those posts with many books lol. But it's scarier when you look at it than when you're getting the books lol.
So many great books there wow. You will have to re-organize your shelves *g*

Oh come ONNNNN! Shadowfever is fantaaaaaaaaastic. It tooks years off my life but it was worth it lol. *g*

Blodeuedd January 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

Lol, yes you are crazy, just like a booklover should be :D

I got..ahem..10 books for xmas ;) Loved it

SusiSunshine January 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

@pattepoilue You should have told me to stop. LOL And yes I already started the re-organization. Muahahah. And Meh Shadowfever.

@Blodeuedd So happy that I'm not alone. I vote we need more than one xmas per year. Or a holiday called "Gift a Book"

Janicu January 22, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

I LURVED Bayou Moon (read that first!). Great selection of books you have there :D

Janicu January 22, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

Oh nevermind, I just saw your list of books read this year and Bayou Moon was #1 (I approve).

SusiSunshine January 22, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

@janicu I did. It was awesome. I loved William! And I love my new pretties *g*

MrsMixx January 22, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

*GASP* How DARE you Susi???!!!! LOL it's like if I was saying Megan Hart books are Meh


*runs and hides*

SusiSunshine January 22, 2011 at 8:30 PM  

@pattepoilue O_O I didn't see that! We should stop talking about thsi topic or .... ;)

@Sabrina Yes I think it is. *g* So happy

Julia Barrett January 22, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

Susi - I love you! I love you soooo very much! I think you are the only other person on the planet who is not interested in Shadowfever. I thought I was it - all my my lonesome! You got yourself quite a haul of books, girl. So, here are two more you should read and I'm serious - Go see the new True Grit and then pick up the book - you can read it in two hours. It is one of the best reads! I'm very serious - the Coen brothers based their movie on the book.
And listen to your other book lover - read Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay and then go back and read Song for Arbonne (spelling?) - he wrote it years ago and it's the book that hooked me on him.
See you tomorrow on Book Lovers!

SusiSunshine January 22, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

@Julia I can feel my credit card sneaking out of her hidey hole. I love the Coen Brothers. And sometimes you can feel like a leper for not like the KMM books. We will stick together though. ;)

Janna January 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

Wow, so many pretty books! They look great all put together like that.
Isn't it wonderful to be a January baby, with first the Christmas gifts and than all those Bday presents a few weeks later? :)

SusiSunshine January 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

@Janna Yes they are...so pretty. You have to show us what you got. ;)

Alexia561 January 23, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

Whoa! I'm loving all the awesome titles you received! Have to check out Alien Tango and Grave Witch, as I hadn't heard of those two. Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP