February 3, 2010

My January Reads

January was a really busy month. All the birthday stress and the launch of Book Lovers INC really kept me entertained. Still so much to do for BLI but I hope that all the start problems will be resolved soon. When I started this list today I was totally astonished that I read 10 books and reviewed 7 of them this month. Perhaps I wasn't as busy as I thought. ;)
Here is what I read:

1. Crossroads (Southern Arcana #2) – Moira Rogers
To quote myself:

This book is full of action that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Love, family and obligations play a big role and they seem so real that I just couldn't put this book down. The plot is heartbreaking but never too hard to stomach and the mix with funny witty conversations makes it into one of the best urban fantasies I ever read.
I recommend this series to everyone with at least a bit interest in urban fantasy. You will not regret this! Moira Rogers is definitely one of my best discoveries so far!


You can read my full rant here.


2.
Immortal in Death (In Death #3) - J. D. Robb
As you may have noticed last month I really found a new addiction with this series. This book was so full of suspense and I enjoyed the story even more because it was a personal one for Eve. Roarke is as sexy as ever and I can't wait to get my next fix. Love this book and I can't say it often enough: Everyone should have at least tried this series. But I will try to restrain myself. Only one In Death book per month. Or better said this is the plan. We will see how long that will work for me. LOL


3.
Coming Undone (Brown Siblings #2) - Lauren Dane
How did it happen that I didn't review this one? I think it's the old problem: When the book is something special to me I can't seem to find the right words to tell what I feel about it. It's so easy to write something when the book was good but how to really make the point that this book was something so much more to me. Still pondering how to write this review but let me tell you I loved it to pieces. Brody is a dream of a man: dark, tall and handsome. Which girl doesn't like the tattooed biker kind of man. Elise is so lovable and I really devoured this book. Will write an review! I really will.


4.
Captured - Julia Rachel Barrett 
Wonderful science fiction erotica. The story was a bit strange at the start but worked out just fine in the end. I loved the way Julia included the social problems in this book. Would have loved it even more if the book would have a good 10 pages more at the end but it was a good read the way it is.
I'm so crossing all my fingers for perhaps getting a second book in this world. You can read my full review here.

5.
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost
I won this one in a big contest and I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my name was drawn.
Okay so Denise is not one of my favorite characters but I loved Spade so much(after a few pages of getting to know each other). This book is a great start to this new spin-off series and I can't wait to get my hands on the next one. You can read my full review over at Book Lovers INC here.
And I'm so excited to tell you: Ms. Frost will be over at Book Lovers INC on the 9th February (Release-day of First Drop of Crimson- next Tuesday) answering my questions about the new series and she will be there to answer yours too. *fangirl scream* So don't forget to come over!


6.
Lead Me On (Tumble Creek, #3) by Victoria Dahl 
Mmmhhh, Chase. *dreams*
Okay…ahem where was I?
Ah yeah I really liked this book and not only because of this wonderful man. The story, as always, was funny, witty and you just fly through the pages without noticing the time you spent reading. The chemistry is sizzling hot and oh my what a bday pressie this guy is.


To read the full review please go here



7.
Deep, Dark, Delicious by Tina Donahue 
Anyone hungry? I want something Cuban. And no I so mean something to eat girls, or not. This book was sooooo hot! Man this one scene was torturous long- you know the good kind of torturous.


I liked the story but would have preferred a bit more insight in the relationship building. I know I'm way too nosy but it would have been perfect if we could have watched this relationship grow from the start. I always felt like I missed something. You can read my full review here.


8.
Switch by Megan Hart
I love Megan Hart's books. I don't know how she does that but I'm always strangely touched by her stories. She grabs me on the first few pages and I just can't stop. Switch was no exception. I even think it wandered directly into my top 3 of her books.
I loved the development of the plots, the characterization and especially the way her characters interacted.
After finishing this one I went directly to the online bookstore of my choice and ordered 2 more books by her.My full review can be found

here.


9.
Stilettos Inc. by Lexi Ryan 
I got this book as a review copy and I was positively surprised to see that it is not a chic-lit but a rather good paranormal romance/erotica(as you can see I'm so bad at genres- perhaps I should just make 2 genres: good book and bad book…LOL).
The created world is good developed and the characters are very likable. I was a bit confused by the the often switching POV but I enjoyed the book nonetheless. You can read my full review here.


10. Stranger by Megan Hart
See I told you I had to buy another one of Ms. Hart's books. I started this on Saturday and finished it on Sunday. No biggie you say? I was on work on Sunday and spent each free minute reading. I just couldn't stop. Very emotional intense book that made me cry but I loved every second I spent reading it. I will work on a review for this one for sure.
 

10 comments:

Sparklybearsy February 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Thats some great bookage there Susi!

im still wooting over you loving In Deaths too =D

Cant wait to read Coming Undone and Drop of Crimson.

ColleenFL February 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

I can't wait to read First Drop of Crimson! It looks like you had a good reading month in January. :)

MrsMixx February 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

*g* anything you give 4 to 5 stars will most than often end up on my TBR pile lol
I want to read Switch of course but also First Drop of Crimson , and Lead me on...and the In Death series...and...yay pretty much all of them! *sigh* I'm still unsure about the 'crying' books, we'll see how i fare with Switch ;)

Have a great day ma belle!

Smokinhotbooks February 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

OMG god you won the new Jeanine Frost book?! Lucky! Okay I know it is different than Night Huntress series but did you think it was pretty good? Will I heart Spade?

SusiSunshine February 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

@Sparklybearsy I'm so happy that you told me to read them.

@Colleen January was a real good month bookwise!

@pattepoilue OMG have to ponder that before rating books in the future. LOL Don't want to be your financial ruin. LOL And it was crying like for 10 pages tops and there was the HEA! *wink*

@Smokinhotbooks It was pretty good. Denise is a small letdown but Spade is gorgeous and you will so heat him! No worries!

Donna February 4, 2010 at 4:40 AM  

You had a terrific month in reading! I really need to read Crux soon.

MrsMixx February 4, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

@Susi mouahahahh you know me well! I need that HEA. *g*
You will be get me broke that's for sure, but i love you for that ;)

Julia Barrett February 4, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

Nice to read that you want more! LOL! Thanks! julia

Mandi February 5, 2010 at 1:20 AM  

Nice month - I can't wait for Crossroads!

Marissa March 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Impressive list Susi, I am lucky if I can read 4 or 5 in a month!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP